Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh dear, sounds like you could do with getting out on the bike to get a break! I cleaned mine when I got back today too, it was literally more brown than red. You'd think I'd been mountain biking!
To be honest I think I am ready for the 100k now, I'll just get the lights fitted. I have a headache.
Wish I was going out all day Sunday at the moment.
Is it bedtime yet?

RWright

Guru
simmi, congrats on the 100k! Just keep doing what you are doing and 100 miles will come soon enough. Seems to me that you are making great progress.

Brian, sounds like Santa watch is in full force at your house. :santa:
I got all my riding gear on yesterday evening, walked out the door and it starts raining. :rain: I thought Rule 9, then I thought about the 2 days earlier in the week that I spent nearly all of in bed not feeling well. I came back in and started taking one of my bikes apart for its first 1000 mile maintenance and some other adjustments I had put off long enough.

Sun is out today but so is the wind and it is cool but I am going out soon for a ride...that is...if I can get this stupid bike back together and make it shift correctly. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

To be honest I think I am ready for the 100k now, I'll just get the lights fitted. I have a headache.
Wish I was going out all day Sunday at the moment.
Is it bedtime yet?

:laugh: oh dear! I think I could probably do the 100k if I had a couple of weeks proper preparation. What worries me about the shakespeare 100 is saintbury hill though! I still haven't even attempted it yet.

Kins

Über Member
Kins, I have been thinking about some mudguards for the T3 but not sure which ones to go for, I like the look and price of the crud road race mk2's which generally seem recommended on here.

I ride a mountain bike as my trip to work involves green lanes and unpaved footpaths. Those look stylish though and the MTB ones by Crud were the ones I was looking at on Wiggle.

Reece

Veteran
Yes! I am over the moon ^_^^_^^_^100k on the shortest day!^_^^_^^_^

http://app.strava.com/activities/33327813

With 3 rides over 50 miles under my belt I have been wanting to do the metric ton for a few weeks.
It was starting to look like I was not going to manage it in 2012.

I planned a route that was nice and flat a lot of it on opposite side of the river Trent.

I took it very steady 62.4 miles in 4:26:23 average speed 14.1mph.
I had planned the route on my Garmin edge 500 and when I was getting towards home I could tell I was going to come up about a mile short so had to alter my route a little to make it longer.
Has anyone else noticed this with their GPS? I had the same with my first 50, I took 2 wrong turn so added about a mile of extra distance and still only just made the 50.
It is no big deal will just have to add about 2% extra when going for set distances.

Does anyone know the next milestone after 100K, please don't say 100 miles an extra 38 miles would take a huge extra effort (and about a year to build up to it)

Well done and congrats Simmi. 100 miles is the next big one but you'd be surprised how easy it could be. Ive only done 91miles to date (2 weeks ago). 2weeks before that I'd only just got my 60 mile PB. As long as you manage your hydration and eat high energy foods every 30mins or so it was relatively easy to do 91 and if hadn't of been dark and my chain snapping, I'd have easily done the 100.

Of course there were moments where mentally I wanted to give up, but fight through these moments and you'd be surprised what is possible!

weebag

Regular
Well, its wet out there! Did a 10.5 loop, and a couple of times my pedals were under water! Still set my PB though (keen to get home to a hot shower!).

Adjusted the bars on my Triban 3 so the hoods are a little closer to me...much more comfortable.

Another ride planned for tomorrow.

http://app.strava.com/activities/33439073

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Well done. Horrendous here just now. Torrential rain and very strong winds. No cycling for me. Just plucking up courage to don all the waterproof gear and get out with the dog soon.

Much respect for you going out and getting a run in these conditions.

weebag

Regular
Well done. Horrendous here just now. Torrential rain and very strong winds. No cycling for me. Just plucking up courage to don all the waterproof gear and get out with the dog soon.

Much respect for you going out and getting a run in these conditions.
Yep, got the dogs to walk too...although they are never that keen in this weather. Its actually stopped here at the mo....trust me to go out at its worst!:sad:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Wish I still had my dog here to walk. :sad:

Weather is absolutely streaming down here - not stopped all day. We are holed up with the log fire blazing with a glass of Drambuie (bit early in the day but it's Christmas) and some gorgeous M&S choc's.

Trying to persuade OH to put her Mrs Santa kit on - life would be perfect then!

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
No ride today, awful weather in Leicester, so the bike has been cleaned and I have tighten the brakes, hopefully will get out for a 10 miler tomorrow, only problem is finding a route that won't be flooded.

Reece

Veteran
No ride today, awful weather in Leicester, so the bike has been cleaned and I have tighten the brakes, hopefully will get out for a 10 miler tomorrow, only problem is finding a route that won't be flooded.
Weather really has been awful in Leicester today

What routes do you usually ride around Leicester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom