Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kins

Über Member
Haven't been about much because I've been out on me Bike! :bicycle: 2 or 3 rides a day as transport mainly, but going out more because I enjoy the rides. Averaging 6-8 miles daily, legs still feel the strain but I have loads more energy myself.

Just got to regive up smoking, then I'll be happy.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Sheet ice this morning after freezing rain at dawn. Uneventful thankfully, just kept it steady and upright!

RWright

Guru
Was much cooler and cloudy here today, the minute I got home from work it started raining. No ride for me today :sad:
I did get my speed/cadence sensor installed so it wasn't a total loss.

Bill-H

slow and steady
first ride 12 june 46 mins to cover 5.16 miles 10 min miles on relativly flat route i have done 1 ride of 50 miles and a few 20 milers but as i only get 6 half days off and 2 weekends a month and cant commute and average 55 hours a week i am pleased with progress this was my last ride http://app.strava.com/activities/31827749 slowly getting better
total since 12 june is 519 miles in 46 hours 21

RWright

Guru
I got off work early today and took a ride on my normal track. I wasn't feeling so great but the weather was nice and I couldn't resist riding. There was some wind and it seemed like it was coming from whatever direction I was going. I did a lot of coasting and it was just a slow ride today. I even had a get off today.

I was at a long slow descent that I haven't ridden lately, I wanted to get up over 30 mph and all was fine. When I got to the end to cross the grass median I saw a big mud puddle where I normally cut across. I had to get on the brakes and had not down shifted yet. I was almost completly stopped and turned my wheel back a little sharp and when I started pedaling I was in top gear. I was going up an incline and didn't have enough power to turn the crank at the pedal position I had them at.....clipless moment #2 :wacko: My first thought was OH shoot my new Garmin!

Garmin was fine and so was I, only thing damaged was the end of my bar tape got torn. It is really shabby anyway and I already had some ordered and it should be here in a day or two. Some days it seems like I am regressing rather than progressing.

Kins

Über Member
Very wet ride today and without guards got a gob full and constant mist in the eyes. Still, wasn't cold so I still enjoyed it.

RWright

Guru
Another nice day, I did my normal 16 mile route, 13 mph avg, so I am hanging in there ^_^. I was looking at my cadence on the computer. It started out very low and I was thinking this isnt right, then a little while it goes up to about 70. I was thinking maybe it just needs to get dialed in, then it went on up to 80...90..I am thinking wow, I'm pretty good. A few minutes later I look and it is up to over 140...I then looked real close, I had put calories in that position by mistake. :unsure: I though my cadence was progressing very nicely for minute or two. I actually only averaged 70. I am not happy with that, I have something to work on.

Another nice day, I did my normal 16 mile route, 13 mph avg, so I am hanging in there ^_^. I was looking at my cadence on the computer. It started out very low and I was thinking this isnt right, then a little while it goes up to about 70. I was thinking maybe it just needs to get dialed in, then it went on up to 80...90..I am thinking wow, I'm pretty good. A few minutes later I look and it is up to over 140...I then looked real close, I had put calories in that position by mistake. :unsure: I though my cadence was progressing very nicely for minute or two. I actually only averaged 70. I am not happy with that, I have something to work on.
Drop to one or two gears lower that should bring you up to about 80-85rpm at the same speed. I was looking at mine today thinking I was doing better than recent rides, ended up still at 79 avg another. wk and a bit and I can connect the one to the garmin.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Had to nip to the bank this morning about 1.5 miles away. Turned it into a 10 mile round trip, hard work, very windy but still kept the average above 14mph. Only 40 miles left to hit my target (400 miles from last week in November to next Friday) Goals for 2013 are 4,000 miles, lose some weight and get a road bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom