Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickJ95GB

The picture was taken as soon as It left the car, thanks for the tip, they do look like the need turning up. I hadn't noticed! Which rubber lights are you recommending ?
something like this http://www.decathlon.co.uk/vi00-ultra-black-rear-id_8187577.html but i got a front and rear for £4.00
and your first ride will be incredible, average speed is up by 7/8mph. it's fantastic :biggrin: seat height makes a lot of difference on this bike, too, make sure it's as high as you can realistically sit at :biggrin:

Cheers Nick, all advice and tips accepted here.

RWright

Guru
Crosstrailer, nice work on that 30 miles the hard way.

Brian, congrats on the new bike. Sharp!

I got home a little later than I had hoped, only got 10 in today.

Just back from the first ride out with the T3, overall excellent, feels wierd after the old hybrid.
I hat to cut it short though (8miles) as I was getting a strange intermittent noise when I pushed down on the right pedal and only under load, tried flicking through all the gears but no good, I think it is the chain rubbing on the front mech, but why only when I push down on the right pedal, does this seem like a simple adjustment or should I just go back to the Coventry store and get them to sort it?

CD27870F-89B4-4EA4-8B63-215D7A158D40-673-000001F02A6A3162.jpg

Edit;

Yes it's the chain rubbing on the mech cage, popping back to the store monday for them to adjust.

Just back from the first ride out with the T3, overall excellent, feels wierd after the old hybrid.
I hat to cut it short though (8miles) as I was getting a strange intermittent noise when I pushed down on the right pedal and only under load, tried flicking through all the gears but no good, I think it is the chain rubbing on the front mech, but why only when I push down on the right pedal, does this seem like a simple adjustment or should I just go back to the Coventry store and get them to sort it?

CD27870F-89B4-4EA4-8B63-215D7A158D40-673-000001F02A6A3162.jpg

Edit;

Yes it's the chain rubbing on the mech cage, popping back to the store monday for them to adjust.

Probably slight movement under load on the crank or bb, as you put the force on the outside of the pedal as you push down the top of the chain ring move ever so slightly out toward the outer cage, there should be a tensioner on the gear cable look on the gear cable as it comes out of the shifter there is an adjuster, try tightening that a little this will move the cage across 0.5mm to a 1. should be all thats needed, not to much though other wise the chain may come off and/or not shift back down properly.

Probably slight movement under load on the crank or bb, as you put the force on the outside of the pedal as you push down the top of the chain ring move ever so slightly out toward the outer cage, there should be a tensioner on the gear cable look on the gear cable as it comes out of the shifter there is an adjuster, try tightening that a little this will move the cage across 0.5mm to a 1. should be all thats needed, not to much though other wise the chain may come off and/or not shift back down properly.
No, I cannot see any adjuster on the cable at all, I may be missing it though. We are going back on Monday so I will let them fix it properly.

I think this is the barrel adjuster, though i may be wrong.
triban3.jpg

Make sure you are on the inner ring and tighten only a little at a time

You shouldnt see any change in the outer cable, It should be anticlockwise to increase tension, (it is on mine, though its on the down tube, where the inner cable come out of the outer) release tension on the cable by being on the inner ring, then turn it anticlockwise, then select the outer ring and see if the cage as moved out a little, it want need much.

I keep hearing about these triban 3s but don't know anything about them, are they good? The reason I'm asking is in January I'm making the transition from hybrid to road bike (although I'm keeping the hybrid for mucking about on!). So far only the cube peloton has caught my eye (and it was a hell of a test ride on my mates!) but I do like to keep my options open?

defy-one

Yes they are THAT good,but don't think it will be on par with a cube peleton. The big thing going for the Triban is carbon front fork and decent frame geometry. The rest of the components are at the bottom end,but what can you expect for £299
If your on a tight budget,then yes it is the bike to go for,but if you have a bigger budget,then personaly i would be looking at Tiagra as a minimum

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Great ride this morning. From Tredz on Swansea Enterprise park, around the bay to Blackpill and then inland to Gowerton and back.

The 30 miles meant I've ridden 501 miles since 22nd Sept. I also improved 15 Strava times. I also rode 87 miles with 4 rides in the last week which is the most I've ridden in a week.

I think I've caught the cycling bug :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom