Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a thought, what about setting up a club on Strava.

Sally McSorley

Regular
Well I did it, 1000km this month, though the garmin I switch off at a point turned it on and forgot to start the timer, for about 1 1/2 miles, wouldn't mind but I think I got a p.b. on the stretch just after.
But I did get two other p.b's.
Park Lane Sprint. 17's quicker 21.9mph to 24.6mph.
and
Methley Rd towards Cas 35's quicker 12.9mph to 16.4mph

but my overall avg for the whole 55.87 miles covered today is an avg of 12.9 mph.
I think it shows how much tough the rides I am doing are for me.

Wow Nigel, that is good going, well done :-) After reading one of your other posts it prompted me to check the 'training' section of strava and look at the monthly stats and it seems I am still improving, so it made me a little less disheartened. Just felt like the last couple of weeks were more of a struggle. I will see what November brings :smile: I wish Sussex was not so hilly! Although it is all good exercise and training I suppose. I have only done 618 miles on strava (although had done another 100 or so before I joined strava), but I have clocked up over 43,000ft

How I long for some flatter rides, lol!

Sally McSorley

Regular
Good idea Nigel.

I've just motivated myself more to get out through winter by signing upto the Wiggle No Excuses Epic 80 mile sportive next march with a few others from my club. Really looking forward to it.

I am going to sign up for that too I think! It will be my first sportive. Although I will be doing the shorter route ;-) I have also signed up for the wiggle french revolution one, 74 miles in the summer. Might do the New Forest one too to get some practice in before the 74 miler!

Leescfc79

Über Member
I lke the look of the no excuses ride, might sign up for he shorter route to motivate me to get out in the wet and cold.

I've climbed Saintbury Hill a couple of times on the Shakespeare 100, which I can recommend as a fun event once you are ready to tackle a century ride. (There is a 100 km event on the same day if you don't fancy the full 100 miles.) The next edition is in April 2013 - website. Unlike some other 'charity' events, nearly all the entry fee goes to the charity, Macmillan Cancer Support.

Yes, Saintbury Hill is what I would call a 'proper hill' (2 km at 9.5% average if you ride to the top, with a steep ramp halfway up).

I will be signing up for next April's Shakespeare 100 any day now, this was and has always been my motovator. Cheers for the original idea Colin.

Reece

Veteran
I am going to sign up for that too I think! It will be my first sportive. Although I will be doing the shorter route ;-) I have also signed up for the wiggle french revolution one, 74 miles in the summer. Might do the New Forest one too to get some practice in before the 74 miler!
I've signed for the 80mile as that's what the other club members are doing. I know we all stay as group too and get round together. Will also be my first sportive.

Leescfc79

Über Member
Just got back from my third ride since picking up my bike last weekend.

http://app.strava.com/activities/26640159

Due to time constraints I couldn't get much extra mileage in (an extra mile or so) but increased my average speed by 1.2 mph on the same route so quite happy.

I lost my cycling virginity on a few things today too

1 - It was cold and windy but I still went out
2 - I wore Lycra for the first time and didn't feel too stupid
3 - it poured down after about 2 miles and I didn't give up and return home
4 - I got my first wave from a roadie (this was by far the best thing!)

So overall really happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom