Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great day here in Evesham but absolutely cream crackered after two ten hour shifts at work. This physical work will only help with my weight (and bank balance!) so don't mind really. A trip to the park with the boys and grass cutting duties will be my lot for today. Don't start till 5pm Monday and the boys will be at school, so should manage to get tomorrow.
Not exactly newbie progress, just family life.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Great day here in Evesham but absolutely cream crackered after two ten hour shifts at work. This physical work will only help with my weight (and bank balance!) so don't mind really. A trip to the park with the boys and grass cutting duties will be my lot for today. Don't start till 5pm Monday and the boys will be at school, so should manage to get tomorrow.
Not exactly newbie progress, just family life.
No progress here today either. Dull, murky and drizzly all morning, just clearing now. Just back a four mile walk with the dog. That will be my exercise for today. We are anticipating a mini heatwave here next week so that sounds encouraging. :smile:

Off to visit my dad and stepmum for the rest of the day so at least I get well fed! :laugh:

Thanks everyone, best get those core exercises done! I know they don't take long, but I always find an excuse for not doing them. I think getting a bike fit might be worthwhile as well (everyone says it's the best £xx they spent), though it's going to have to wait a month or so. I should say that I was close to passing out at the end of that ride, it'll be a little while before I attempt that again! :laugh:

Hope everyone's enjoying the slightly improved weather :smile:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Nice one mate.

Sun is shining here in Leicester, but I'm stuck in packing for holiday tomorrow, then got to go visit my mum later. Hopefully get out this evening for a quick few miles, then a week out of the saddle while I'm in Weymouth.

Glorious weather, Rainbows have their walk for life charity walk on today and it goes along the GCW cycle path, so may be busy at some point today, Abbey Park had loads of people milling around and saw stacks of cyclists around today

Reece

Veteran
Glorious weather, Rainbows have their walk for life charity walk on today and it goes along the GCW cycle path, so may be busy at some point today, Abbey Park had loads of people milling around and saw stacks of cyclists around today
I usually steer clear of the GCW in good weather. Usually far too many people using for my liking. May head out to market bosworth later if I get the chance.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Got out on the mountain bike again this morning. 30 miles around the roads and cycle paths around Swansea Bay.

It's great to get some decent weather. Averaged over 13 mph which is good for me especially on the mountain bike. It's a shame I couldn't have been on the road bike in this weather. I should have my new wheel on Monday or Tuesday. Thinking about attempting a 75 mile ride next weekend.

I lost 4lb this week which is also good news

image.jpg

J4MIE_P

Lots of progress from people today with this good weather coming out:smile:

Managed to do a 34 mile stint today too :smile:

AndyPeace

Not much cycling progress this month for me, I've taken on the big challenge of giving up smoking...a habit of around 25years. Few slips and one very irate Andrew...but getting there. Calling today day 1 because of slips, though Its been day one all month...come on day 2. I can do this and there's no doubt it's the best thing I can do for my cycling ambitions.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The inevitable just happened. Decided to take the plunge and join a club run this morning. Took all the precautions, eaten lots of pasta the day before (not really planned but I have taken it into account), charged the phone, got all tools and money, put the wife on standby and got the car ready just in case I need to be recovered.

What a pleasant surprised I had as I comfortably managed 52km at at 13.2mph and it felt so easy and natural. The social experience was incredible, riding together with other people was so uplifting and everything felt perfect. Incredible views, great people, some nice challenging hills, coffee and cake at the finish line. I'm only sad that it ended to soon, I would have loved to be out there for another hour at least. The strange and unexpected part was a PR on a stupid hill which always gave me trouble on my way back but this time climbed it without even realising. Wow ... I think I'm officially addicted now, can't wait for the next one.

Great post that - glad you enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
14.32 miles / 14.19 mph av'.

Was chuffed with this as I put my CX Beastie to the test on a Green Road which was 1.6 miles long, climbed 230' and descended 260' according to the map.

I struggled a bit on my semi-slicks as the ground was sodden, muddy in places and rocky/stony in others - didn't have to dismount though (apart from four gates).

Bike has since been pampered as she (he?) was covered in mud and bits of Smartie sized sheep crap.

Talking of sheep: 1 mile from home I had to stop on a narrow lane to let 207 of the stinky things pass. I didn't count them tbh I asked the farmer how many there were.

Really enjoyable ride - loved it. :bicycle::wub::thumbsup:^_^

Take it easy everyone and if you're on for an evening ride stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom