Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4MIE_P

Hey Guys,

Finally joined the forum after spending the last month reading and taking everything in so I thought the least I could do was start to contribute back :smile:

I'm from Stamford just outside Peterborough and only really started cycling this year and usually average around 50-75 miles a week.

Looking forward to posting some of my rides :smile:

EDIT: Also added my Strava link for anyone interested;
http://app.strava.com/athletes/2038470

Never been so wet in my life.
Never been swimming then.

Hey Guys,

Finally joined the forum after spending the last month reading and taking everything in so I thought the least I could do was start to contribute back :smile:

I'm from Stamford just outside Peterborough and only really started cycling this year and usually average around 50-75 miles a week.

:welcome:Jamie, just keep at it.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Hey Guys,

Welcome - look forward to seeing your progress! :thumbsup:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Never been so wet in my life.

I got drenched last night in the most horrific downpour, tonight was 20 miles of constant rain

On one I am the slowest :sad:

At least you have something to aim for. Seriously, I wouldn't sweat it, the only times you need to compare against are your own, if you are improving your own times, who cares where you sit on a leader board.

MaxInc

At least you have something to aim for. Seriously, I wouldn't sweat it, the only times you need to compare against are your own, if you are improving your own times, who cares where you sit on a leader board.

I am comparing with others on Strava but to be inspired not to compete. If a lady can climb that hill in half my best time, there's certainly room for improvement :smile: And if another 500 out of 510 can ride faster than me, I can certainly do better so it helps me push forward and not focuse on finding excuses :smile:

spooks

Oops just bought myself a Bianchi. Not quite sure how this has happened but it's rather lovely.

spooks

Haha no kids, only cats! I told myself that I was only going to look and then go away and think about it. Like hell that was going to happen.

simmi

Über Member
I went for a nice trail run this evening, a friend from my cycling club is chairman of a new local running club and he has been trying to get me to come along for a couple of months. I have always shied away thinking that I would not be good enough. Well anyway I went along tonight as they were having a steady run as most are racing tomorrow. We ended up doing about 4 miles of trail running through some local woods.
I must say that I found it most enjoyable and will be going back again.
I took along my cycling garmin edge 500 which I have used for running before with no problems but this time when I entered my data on garmin connect it said I had done 3.65 miles and strava said 4.7 miles, how can this be surely both sites are using the same data so why the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom