Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think Brian mentioned his cleats are SPD SL. Mostly front to back adjustment with some angle adjustment too. I prefer my cleats moved all the way back toward the heel and straight but everyone is different.

Tweaking the cleat position, seat height and saddle fore/aft can take a little time to get like you want. Work it in small increments. Mine keeps changing a little as my fitness increases too. KOPS rule is debatable but I use it as a general guideline for reference. I am not out for power but more for rides with no knee or muscle pain. :smile:
I wondered why I have to keep changing things.
For the first time, I have a complete range of rear gears no matter what I am on the front with hardly any chain rub at all, just a little on extremes.
:smile:

DaveyM

Über Member
just managed a quick lap tonight 8.5 miles, but finally managed to break into a top 10 on a strava segment :ohmy:

RWright

Guru
I wondered why I have to keep changing things.
For the first time, I have a complete range of rear gears no matter what I am on the front with hardly any chain rub at all, just a little on extremes.
:smile:

Excellent, and on a triple too. I have mine without any rub on a double but a triple, nice work. I still try to stay away from the extremes but I still do it at least once about every ride.

RWright

Guru
Don't have the technical ability to create a segment :cursing:

click on the ride you want to get the segment out of, click the Actions button/New Segment, use the slider at the top to adjust it to the part you want...if you want the entire ride, move the orange slider control all the way to the right. If you want just a part of the ride move both the red and green slider controls to select the part you want. Hit next, if there is already a segment similar to the one you want to create Strava will try to use the existing segment, you can select the create my segment radio button if necessary, select a name for your segment, select if you want to make it private (only you will see it), then the create button.

Just keep pressing buttons, you will get it. :thumbsup:

Yea but cleat adjustment is only side to side, are you sure the screw holes don't slide forward and back.
With Sl's it's mostly forward/backwards with some room for toeing in or out.

9d03a5f863f05fdcfa8737d90ab29c69_zpsfc59580b.jpg

Excellent, and on a triple too. I have mine without any rub on a double but a triple, nice work. I still try to stay away from the extremes but I still do it at least once about every ride.
I think when I replace the front mech, I might even get rid of that, but not sure if the middle chain ring is slightly bent, as I have said before Rocky, the front took a knock last Sept, when a chain parted slightly and caught the cage, the curve of the cage doesn't follow the curve of the large chain wheel, it's much closer at the front than the rear of the cage. one of those things I have been meaning to get, but other things crop up, next week maybe. The rear run smooth, apart from the cassette is a mix of an HG41 8sp (28/24/21/18) and cheap 7sp (16/14/12). If I cant afford an 8 sp shifter soon, there is an HG50 28-12 (same ratios) for about £16 knocking about on the net.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
It's a four in a white circle, can't find it no matter how much I google it. I am on my iPad just now, to load a screen shot will have to send a screenshot from phone to laptop tonight and I will post it thanks

Just back from a 13 mile jaunt, respectable 16.9avg (for me anyway). No pins and needles in my feet this morning just a dull ache in my right foot, I think that cleat is out a bit, as the right shoe just rubs on the crank arm a bit. So maybe the seat up helped a bit.
I'm going to trawl youtube for some cleat set up guides this morning but I suspect I'm just going to apply rule 5! As I'm not going to give up on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom