Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes but it was fine until I put the SPD-sl pedals on. Just reading through some good posts on here and it seems you should lift the seat up to match the increased pedal height, something I hadn't considered before.

simmi

Über Member
Yes but it was fine until I put the SPD-sl pedals on. Just reading through some good posts on here and it seems you should lift the seat up to match the increased pedal height, something I hadn't considered before.
Was told by my LBS during a bike fit that you should be pushing from just behind the base of your bit toe, if this is any help with your cleat set up.

Yes I'm pushing a bit farther back than that but cannot adjust the cleats forward any more.
Maybe it's just the cheapest I could find;

http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-rbs200-mens-cycling-shoes-144009

Anyone else use these?
No I got a cheap pair of MTB shoes from Halford last year.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_892695_langId_-1_categoryId_271415

Rear gears are fixed, much smoother, next the front, but really it needs a new front mech, this one is a little bent I think.

simmi

Über Member
It seems strange to me, are the threads in the shoes in a fixed position and all your adjustment is on the cleats themselves? That's what mine are like, the hole in the shoe should be in a neutral position to allow the optimum movement in all directions, whether they are a cheap shoe or not I can't imagine why the screw holes would be in the wrong position:huh:

RWright

Guru
Yea but cleat adjustment is only side to side, are you sure the screw holes don't slide forward and back.

I think Brian mentioned his cleats are SPD SL. Mostly front to back adjustment with some angle adjustment too. I prefer my cleats moved all the way back toward the heel and straight but everyone is different.

Tweaking the cleat position, seat height and saddle fore/aft can take a little time to get like you want. Work it in small increments. Mine keeps changing a little as my fitness increases too. KOPS rule is debatable but I use it as a general guideline for reference. I am not out for power but more for rides with no knee or muscle pain. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom