Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Adam

Great morning in Swansea. Got in a recovery ride. 20 miles around the bay and a coffee in the sun.

I never thought I would think of 20 miles as a recovery ride. Not long ago 20 miles was a long ride.

View attachment 22896
Is that mumbles head Phil

Hmmm, now this is something that is starting to worry me about putting in more miles. I don't feel up to doing much beyond basic maintenance so if I have to start taking bikes into the LBS for new parts soon, I don't feel like I can afford it. :sad:
Mo its real easy, making sure your front mech is aligned is probable the most difficult bit. But cassettes chain rings and chains are striaght forward with the tools, I use a set I got from Lidl back in 2008/2009, ok they are not the greatest, but the chainset remover works as does the cassette remover, and chain tool, there are a few other tools in there as well pedal spanner ect..
You can then replace the tools with better ones or just opt to get the tools you need, but like everything, try and get quality ones (unlike me) as they should last a lifetime..
Another tip, NEVER get B.B. with plastic cups, just had to destroy mine so I could fit the old B.B. so the old chainset is on, 52/40/30 opposed to 48/38/26, trying to decide what ratios on the back.
If i put the 13th on instead of the 11 I lose 9",
I think 13/15/17/19/21/24/28 gives the same low as was, some big gaps, this will have to suffice till I decide what I am doing with the shifters.

Billy Adam

Yes. It's the cafe on top of the hill at Bracelet Bay. A great coffee stop with a superb view. I go there a lot.
I thought it looked familiar. try and go down every year. got family in west cross. Love the cliff walks and the beaches. Is that where the "Apple" is?

MaxInc

I promised myself I will take a day off cycling no matter what since I didn't take one in 3 weeks since I started ... I almost managed ... but as the sun begun to set, the urge become stronger and decided to take the MTB for a gentle spin. So glad I did, it was such a quiet and pleasant experience ... I shall try this more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom