Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
If I were wanting more calf work I think I would raise my seat a little and/or move my cleats a little more toward the toe of my shoes. Very gradual increases. I cut a small piece of duct tape with scissors to mark my current seat post height. I guess you could mark your cleats with a sharpie or something similar to keep track of where they were when you started, so you can go back if you don't like the change.

My shoes only have 2 sets of two holes, they dont have long slots that enable me to move the cleats forward. They are either in forward two slots, or rear two slots.

Think I will do the bike fit next month and get all this out with the specialized chap.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Well it's drizzly and very very windy outside so I am violating rule #5 and #9 and am watching much fitter cyclists race in the sunshine of Italy instead. :smile:

Weather is supposed to be better this evening so will go for a little ride on the Focus to test out my new cut-out saddle, hopefully that one is a bit more comfortable!

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Woo hoo. Did my first half century today. Not a great average speed but taking into account I has to cycle through town on way out and way back, I did some practising drinking whilst cycling on a tow path by the canal and actually managed to get 2 fig rolls out of my back pocket and eat them while cycling too I'm quite chuffed with my little self.

Last 7 miles were challenging and last 5 were tough as the wind was against me and I was tired but I only bloomin' did it! :smile:

Only got to double that now by end of June and beginning of August!

:-D

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Well done Phoenix. Were the Fig Rolls loose in the back pocket, or in a clear bag? The bag complicates hand entry and fig selection ( it certainly does Haribo selection) but a necessity I find for hygiene.

I digress, great ride! ^_^

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Well done Phoenix. Were the Fig Rolls loose in the back pocket, or in a clear bag? The bag complicates hand entry and fig selection ( it certainly does Haribo selection) but a necessity I find for hygiene.

I digress, great ride! ^_^

Thanks. They were loose. I have enough trouble without adding extra layers to the equation. Jacket needs a wash anyway so crumbs will vanish!

Had a soak in the bath and a drink. Feeling the need for a nap now, although I stood on my specs getting out of the bath so I'd better nip to vision express (again!)

Have a great Bank Holiday everybody :smile:

My shoes only have 2 sets of two holes, they dont have long slots that enable me to move the cleats forward. They are either in forward two slots, or rear two slots.

Think I will do the bike fit next month and get all this out with the specialized chap.
Mine too, but they have some forward and backward movement too.

SWSteve

Guru

Are there not long slots in the cleats? This would allow more movement forwards/back.

Reece

Veteran
20 mile pootle with our lass this morning, was very windy and got caught by a fantastic downpour that lasted a few minutes before it was brilliant sunshine again
Was a very unexpected shower. I was out tidying the garden when it came.

Looking forward to the Loughborough "tour of the national forest" sportive tomorrow. 15 mile ride to the start then a 63mile sportive and 15miles back.

Hopefully I'm on form and will be going to add a few extra miles to break the 100mile mark finally, just depends on how I feel as Beacon hill is pretty much the last part of the sportive with others hills on route!

MaxInc

Hopefully I'm on form and will be going to add a few extra miles to break the 100mile mark finally, just depends on how I feel as Beacon hill is pretty much the last part of the sportive with others hills on route!

Good luck tomorrow!

simmi

Über Member
My cycling club is trying to get a novice Saturday ride going but it's not taking off for what ever reason.
I decided I would take my lad along today which is now his 4th ride.
Well it was just as well I did as no one else turned up.
Karen a lady I have met before (from group rides) was leading the ride and I felt a little sorry for her that the turn out was so poor.
The weather was fine with little wind and she led us on a lovely 20 mile route in and around Doncaster on many roads and Tarmac off road trails that I have never been on before but will be using in the future now I know they are there.
Jamie my lad pushed himself really hard and moaned less than he would have if it had been only me there, the ride also served as a nice gentle warm up for my ride I am leading tomorrow I only hope the turnout is a little better.
With the ride to and from the start we did a total of 31 miles, not too bad for a 13 year old lad on his 4th ever ride

boybiker

Guru
Woo hoo. Did my first half century today. Not a great average speed but taking into account I has to cycle through town on way out and way back, I did some practising drinking whilst cycling on a tow path by the canal and actually managed to get 2 fig rolls out of my back pocket and eat them while cycling too I'm quite chuffed with my little self.

Last 7 miles were challenging and last 5 were tough as the wind was against me and I was tired but I only bloomin' did it! :smile:

Only got to double that now by end of June and beginning of August!

:-D

Don't get too hung up on statistic, just completing the distance is an achievement and the speed will come in time :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom