Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
even 0.2 mph at 13 mph is 1.3%, you also have to remember you have some pretty good climbs in your rides.
Yes, suppose you are right. Have been doing a bit more climbing. This mornings ride had a couple of cat 4 hills so I should be pleased with that.

Well done. It's a great feeling.

I have had a bad dose of the munchies lately mind you. Ate a family bag of crisps this morning and a brunch bar. :blush:
I think you will get away with it Mo with the mileage your doing.

The slight downside of the weight loss is none of my clothes fit properly, but I can live with this. Might have to plan a shopping trip soon.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I think you will get away with it Mo with the mileage your doing.

The slight downside of the weight loss is none of my clothes fit properly, but I can live with this. Might have to plan a shopping trip soon.

I hate clothes shopping with a passion, but I must admit I felt pretty pleased with myself the other week when I had to go buy new trousers and shirts for work as my old ones looked like I had borrowed them from my big brother.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Had a similar moment last week, unclipped left foot then rested foot back on pedal and reclipped!!! Result, opps!!!

I've done that too. Trying to get into the habit of putting my heel on the pedal approaching the junction :smile:

MaxInc

:hungry: The money I have saved on fuel for my truck has gone to fuel for me. At least the tax on food is cheaper. :smile:

Probably tastes better too :smile:

I try not to compensate with extra fuel since there's still plenty left in my "savings account". Summer should make it even easier to enhance both sides of the power / weight ratio with salads and such. For every Kg of body fat there are 7,000 kcal waiting to be burned or about 200km worth of cycling at my current weight / effort level. Providing I'll keep up the effort and the holiday food will taste horrible (seriously doubt that) I should be back in the "normal" BMI range by the end of summer / autumn.

RWright

Guru
Probably tastes better too :smile:

I try not to compensate with extra fuel since there's still plenty left in my "savings account". Summer should make it even easier to enhance both sides of the power / weight ratio with salads and such. For every Kg of body fat there are 7,000 kcal waiting to be burned or about 200km worth of cycling at my current weight / effort level. Providing I'll keep up the effort and the holiday food will taste horrible (seriously doubt that) I should be back in the "normal" BMI range by the end of summer / autumn.

I still have a way to go myself. I am down about 50 lbs. since I started back riding in August, I haven't done much actual dieting yet but I do log everything I eat. I have been eating a lot of carbs lately. I am going to start cutting back on them starting tomorrow. Like you say, with summer coming it should be much easier to go to more protein and fresh veggies and less carbs.

I am also hoping to get closer to the normal BMI range about that time as well.

boybiker

Guru
I've had to make a few more holes in my belt again, just measured and that's 5 inches lost around my waist since I restarted cycling also down to 17st 10lb :highfive: and I've only just started, bring on the summer.
Another 6 miles with @SueEvesham in 35 mins, I think she is hooked.

Congratulations on the weight loss! I'm sure the pounds will fall off in the summer with the better weather inevitably you will probably cycle more.

I have noticed since I started cycling again not only have my thighs got massive as you would expect but my whole upper body / core is a bit broader. Not that I'm complaining :tongue::thumbsup:

It's good to hear you can share some of your cycling trips with Sue now to. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom