Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I think I am going to do an early ride today and one later. I want to be out of town and the lights at precisely 8:54 pm my time to watch the International Space Station. It is supposed to be more visible here this week and I have never seen it. I know which direction to look, now I just have to find some pictures of what to look for. (I just youtubed and think I know now) ;)

Cycling with binoculars around my neck might be interesting. :ohmy:
Sounds good Rocky........and you will also complete the challenge today too. Well done.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Another great ride this afternoon. It was a flat ride where I focused on keeping my cadence high. Over a 65 minute ride I did 15.4 miles, averaged 14.1 mph for speed and 81 rpm for cadence. This is the first time I've averaged over 14 and 80. My average heart rate seems to to be dropping as well :smile:

I'm also on course to do my first 100 mile week. I've ridden 86 miles since Saturday. :biggrin:
Well done, sounds like you are making some great progress. :thumbsup:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Another great ride this afternoon. It was a flat ride where I focused on keeping my cadence high. Over a 65 minute ride I did 15.4 miles, averaged 14.1 mph for speed and 81 rpm for cadence. This is the first time I've averaged over 14 and 80. My average heart rate seems to to be dropping as well :smile:

I'm also on course to do my first 100 mile week. I've ridden 86 miles since Saturday. :biggrin:

You'll be chasing 150 miles in a week soon. Well done on the progress :thumbsup:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Good for you, the rides you have been doing, 100 miles in 6 days, you can have a couple of rest days and still do it^_^
Scared to stop in case I can't start again. :laugh: Will definitely take at least two or three days off at the end of it. Then need to give some thought about how much to do in the future. Not sure that riding every day does me much good so may have to try and experiment and see how I feel with a couple of rest days each week.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Scared to stop in case I can't start again. :laugh: Will definitely take at least two or three days off at the end of it. Then need to give some thought about how much to do in the future. Not sure that riding every day does me much good so may have to try and experiment and see how I feel with a couple of rest days each week.

I think having a few slower rides benefits me more than having a couple of days rest, but I'm no expert.

RWright

Guru
I think I might have managed 1,000 miles this month (just) bar the wheels.

On another note, people are kind sometimes, I was given a couple of shirts by a friend from the photo group I attend. One is really nice three pockets which are nice and deep, deep enough for my mini pump.

Nice. I wish someone would give me some jerseys. I was fine riding in t shirts until all this challenge stuff. The light weight cool fabric, the raglan sleeves and the big pockets the jerseys have may have spoiled me. I hope I can get back to using my discount close out dry star Walmart t shirts because I have a closet half full of them. They might not be bad for shorter rides but it is going to be tougher using them now.:sad:

RWright

Guru

You will be hooked on the endorphins by the end of the challenge. There is no going back. ;)

philinmerthyr

Über Member

I'm trying to mix up the rides and plan a couple of rest days. Saturday will be my long ride with a recovery ride on Sunday. Monday and Fridays are days off with hill climbing sessions onTuesday and Thursday and a flat high cadence session on Wednesday.

This is my first week of following this approach. I hope it will get me ready for the London 100 in August (14 weeks left)

Well done on the avg Phil, it's a great achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom