Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanA

And thank you all for the comments....

I really recommend having a go.....Hurts like hell, lungs feel like they are about to come out, legs burn like you wouldn't believe.....but I had my Dad there ( pictured in my avatar) , wife and kids cheering me on !

my Dads 83, so glad he's still here to see me do it....just wished I'd have started all this when I was 18 not bloody 43 !

I really recommend having a go.....Hurts like hell, lungs feel like they are about to come out, legs burn like you wouldn't believe.....but I had my Dad there ( pictured in my avatar) , wife and kids cheering me on !

my Dads 83, so glad he's still here to see me do it....just wished I'd have started all this when I was 18 not bloody 43 !
Thats really nice Ian.

RWright

Guru
Just another ho hum riding fighting 15 mph winds. I forgot my mp3 player so it was a little worse than normal with the wind blowing in my ears most of the ride. I did have one really nice blast with a tail wind. I made a Strava section to see how I did on it, only to find out I have done it better, twice already...this month. :rolleyes: Even using the trees to help fight the wind on the way back, it was still a slow, tiring ride. To top it off, the wind is bringing in another cool front with clouds and possible rain, so I might not get to see the space station tonight. :sad: I might catch it one of the next few nights hopefully.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.:whistle:
classics-challenge-v3-100.png
:biggrin:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Hi All - got some newbie progress over here! I managed to rack just under 20 miles on my usual route and manged 15.5 mph avg over 18.9 miles with 1645 ft of climbing. I know its not a huge ride by any means but it's my fastest avg speed yet. Stoked ^_^

http://app.strava.com/activities/50469755

Good to see everyone's progress here. some of you guys are really racking up the miles... your mycyclelog counters are bonkers!!!

That's good going.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Never too late!

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Just another ho hum riding fighting 15 mph winds. I forgot my mp3 player so it was a little worse than normal with the wind blowing in my ears most of the ride. I did have one really nice blast with a tail wind. I made a Strava section to see how I did on it, only to find out I have done it better, twice already...this month. :rolleyes: Even using the trees to help fight the wind on the way back, it was still a slow, tiring ride. To top it off, the wind is bringing in another cool front with clouds and possible rain, so I might not get to see the space station tonight. :sad: I might catch it one of the next few nights hopefully.

Well done, great effort

Mo1959

Legendary Member

Really well done Ian. That's some achievement. Your dad will be proud of you. Tell him I said his advice and training must have helped. :thumbsup:

Mo1959

Legendary Member

Brilliant Rocky. Well done. Hope the weather clears up and you get to view the space station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom