Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad you're ok. Shame about the wheels. I know how you feel re paying out for stuff for the bike. I really don't have much spare cash at all these days and have wasted a fair bit on saddles but I want to try one more as I think I have sussed out that I need a more t-shaped rather than pear shaped saddle to avoid the rubbing I have been getting. Desperately hunting around for one that is reasonably priced.

Hope your wheel lasts out till you can get enough saved up to treat yourself to new ones.
I am sure they will, they have done over 5000 miles, (4,897 since June).
Hope you find your saddle.

IanA

When, where, it seems a decade since I rode in shorts and T-shirt.

Yesterday, was sunny, felt warm, even left the shower proof jacket off....

Today, it rained, cold, windy...yuk.....

if the rain stops I will be out in shorts and long sleeves, my beloved nicked my shower proof top for work this morning as I have not yet bought her one.
Now you see, I go out in all weathers. (except ice, not on slicks anyway)

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Now you see, I go out in all weathers. (except ice, not on slicks anyway)
You fancy types with your mudguards would :smile:, I usually do :whistle: but I was a bit peeved with having just bought the showerproof top and having it half-inched by my beloved just because it was the first time she has cycled to work. Still been out for a quick 10 mile (nearly) and now have a wet backside and a couple more pb's on this new fangled strava thingy

RWright

Guru
I still had two base layers arm warmers, thermal tights, leg warmers and leggings, and a long sleeved shirt.

This past week I have been wearing Lycra cycling shorts and a jersey. :whistle: The weather has been great except for some wind but that hasn't really bothered me too much since I have hardly been sweating either. It really is about perfect riding weather here right now. I did notice when I turn my light on how much pollen there is in the air. my truck along with everything else outside are turning green from it.(bikes stay inside :smile:)

I wouldn't think the nice weather is very long from getting there. I could ride all day and night in this stuff, it is like being a kid again. My rides seem to be improving with every ride too. Yesterday I think I hit something and knocked my cage a little out of line, my bike did not want to stay on the big back cog when on the small front ring and did not want to stay on the small back cog when on the large ring. Losing top gear and bottom gear slowed me down some. I am still sorting it. I think you are going to be happy with the performance increases you have all made when the warm weather gets there. :thumbsup:

AndyPeace

Been out for a quick spin in the rain to pick up a few bits from Tesco. Having had a week or so off work I had forgot how different car drivers can be at 5pm+. Gone are the mannors and common sense. Think I'll try for an early o clock am ride tommorow, planning to make Little Malvern again, I strangley like that climb.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I love to hear the weight loss stories, but I have noticed some of your overweight "weights" would still be a good target for me ! I am the largest here? :eek: :eek: :eek: I haven't weighed in for a few weeks now but have gone from 20 1/2 stone to 18 st, probably lower still as my trousers are looking silly squeezed up with extra holes on the belt.
Like some of you my food intake is almost the same, just cut out alcohol altogether.

Back in the early nineties when I last rode I was a stick thin 11 1/2 stone and 28 inch waist, I wonder how far down it will be possible to go down to now.

Not been out since Sundays ride, pesky work getting in the way.

I'm just over 21st. The weight is coming down slowly. I've increased my training over the last week and focused more on my diet. I've 16 weeks before I ride the London100 so I'm hoping the weight drops off.

A slight setback today as I'm sufferining from the effects of eating an undercooked chicken breast. I should be ok for the weekend though.

IanA

I'm just over 21st. The weight is coming down slowly. I've increased my training over the last week and focused more on my diet. I've 16 weeks before I ride the London100 so I'm hoping the weight drops off.

A slight setback today as I'm sufferining from the effects of eating an undercooked chicken breast. I should be ok for the weekend though.

Don't try and loose it too quickly or you'll do more harm than good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom