Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went out before my late shift which I don't normally do.

Got 13 PR on a route I've done 3 times before and got a better average speed too.

http://app.strava.com/activities/46761895

Quite a crosswind too on part of the route.

Edit: not sure why strava is only showing 9 calories burnt though??

Wait till it shows you getting a 2nd place with no watts, I should be breaking world records let along p.b's
Well done.
http://app.strava.com/activities/46221730#798656645
http://app.strava.com/activities/46221730

boybiker

Guru
I'm not out today as I'm planning on ridding to work for the rest of the week especially as I know its going to be a stressful one! It will help me clock up some miles for the strava challenge I have already seen a few of you sign up to it as well :thumbsup:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Hope you get your positioning sorted out. Don't suppose you are locking your arms out rather than relaxing a bit at the elbow joint? It's hard getting everything feeling just right. It's my saddle and lower back that give me problems.

Really cold again here this morning. Fingers and toes got pretty numb on the bike. Just been a quick walk with the dog and it's still as bad. Couldn't wait to get back in to the warm and get a coffee.

They are slightly bent - I guess these things take a bit of time; I quite like fiddling with the bike too. 3 Horses were watching me over the garden fence today too! Relaxing!

IanA

Weather forecast was 7 deg for today, according to the BBC website. Actual weather, high winds, 3 deg, and light flurries of snow again, so kept thinking about shall I go or not.......didn't go in the end !

Had a nice day yesterday. Kidsgrove wheelers had an open day, with lots of kids of all ages. Cycled to local bath pool and back with them, it was very cold.

Hit my highest speed ever...39.8mph....but what caught me by surprise, and becareful of the same.....at that high speed, going down hill, really tucked in, I came to a corner and the bike did not want to turn, I had to really lean into the corner to get it to move. The bike had become very stable at that speed ! lucky there were no cars behind me ( maybe because it was a 30 zone ) as I went from the curb to the white line in the effort to turn the bike ! !

nearly scared the #%#% out of me! !

Is there a time lag on the little mycyclinglog thingy - I've two rides not showing up and one was three days ago?

Not the end of the world and it's not like I'm pushing for a top ten ranking! :laugh:
Shouldn't worry it'll get updated, I am 130+miles down at the mo, if you go to the group on mycyclinglog you can see where you are if you want.

Scotty1991

Havent been out over weekend due to an injury while playing football, done a 10.5 mile today along yarmouth seafront, to be visited by the rude holiday makers that don't like
to share roads!

http://app.strava.com/activities/46767390

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Blimey, and I thought my routes were flat!
Ha, ha.......wouldn't mind some of that for a while. Hills kill me but determined to try and get a bit better on them. Not sure whether it is the legs or the breathing that gives me most problems. Breathing I think!

Starting to wish I had started cycling years ago and probably would have been able to make decent improvements. Can't help feeling that, at nearly 54, I am never really going to get much fitter now. :sad:

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Ha, ha.......wouldn't mind some of that for a while. Hills kill me but determined to try and get a bit better on them. Not sure whether it is the legs or the breathing that gives me most problems. Breathing I think!

Starting to wish I had started cycling years ago and probably would have been able to make decent improvements. Can't help feeling that, at nearly 54, I am never really going to get much fitter now. :sad:

Hi Mo
I'm sure you'll improve. I'm doing so and not too far behind you age-wise

Mo I am 50 next Feb, just keep at it, remember to rest sometimes, my problem is avg speed, but I am sure that will improve I managed 14.28mph over 20miles but it was mainly flat, one of my easiest rides of the year, but the biggest difference is my H.R. is dropping on more difficult rides, I am starting to struggling getting it into Z1 on the more difficult climbs I have.
But I did get this p.b. http://app.strava.com/activities/46828170#812705952
I also had a broken chain, I dont know how I missed it when I cleaned the chain on Sat. Clipped in climbing up a canal bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom