Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Adam

ts1 lirpA yppaH .lla gninroM

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
11.36m / 53:19 / 12.78 Av'.

The good news:

I got out!

I had a surreal moment surrounded by 1 farmer / 1 Quad bike / 2 Border Collies / approx' 30 Hefty Heifers (they may have been Cows but that doesn't alliterate well and I can't remember the difference anyway).

The Ginger Cat with suicidal tendencies. who leaped out in front of me was amusing for some unfathomable reason

The not good news:

My ears were cold.

My feet were cold.

My nose was dripping (possibly contracted during a romantic liaison with Lovely Wife who has been a bit sniffly the last day or two).

My elbow hurt. It hurt a bit the day before yesterday so I moved my saddle back slightly but it has worsened things - I feel another Allen Key Session coming on - whoopee!,

My elbow hurt - did I mention that?

The wind. In fact the *bloody wind! At one point I was in my tiddly 36/28 pedaling hard at 3.9mph. Demoralising was the operative word.

My elbow hurt.

Hope you all have/have had a great ride today and I hope your elbows are fine and dandy!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Hope you get your positioning sorted out. Don't suppose you are locking your arms out rather than relaxing a bit at the elbow joint? It's hard getting everything feeling just right. It's my saddle and lower back that give me problems.

Really cold again here this morning. Fingers and toes got pretty numb on the bike. Just been a quick walk with the dog and it's still as bad. Couldn't wait to get back in to the warm and get a coffee.

fatCyclist

Kudos to everyone who went out this morning. If it was as cold and windy for you as it was for me, then all the credit to you. Despite clocking in my longest ride since I started, I hurt real bad on the way back into the head wind. Had to walk a few sections when I got down to the granny ring and was barely making any progress. I'm not exactly the most aero of objects! Although, since I started on Tuesday, I've dropped 6 lbs in weight. (I'm also paying a lot of attention to my diet which has helped).

I'm zeroing in on the fit of the bike. I still feel like I've got too much weight on the handlebars and the saddle is already a fair way back. I might have to try a shorter stem to see how I get on with it. I also angled the saddle down a bit (was up too high last time), but this is too much so will try it tomorrow levelled. Still, I'm getting closer to feeling comfortable on the bike.

Anyways, here's my modest effort for the day: http://app.strava.com/athletes/1886036

Goldcoast

Legs were killing this morning, no nothing to do with cycling - that would be the last couple of days moving rooms around :sad: you spend ages getting the house just right and six months later for some reason it needs doing again lol.

It was so windy it felt like riding through treacle, hoping I can get out again later today

https://www.strava.com/activities/46774196

Reece

Veteran
What's that thing underneath me. Oh yeah it must be the moon coz I'm so over it. First sixty today. Suprised myself with that one. www.strava.com/activities/46779565
Nice one. You were only 1.7mile off a metric century.

Well done everyone else whose been out.

I took the kids for a walk around bradgate park earlier and boy was it windy and cold. Really could do with getting out on the bike but lacking the motivation to get ready and go out.

Billy Adam

Nice one. You were only 1.7mile off a metric century.

Well done everyone else whose been out.

I took the kids for a walk around bradgate park earlier and boy was it windy and cold. Really could do with getting out on the bike but lacking the motivation to get ready and go out.
I didn't realise that until I'd got in and checked everything out . Gives me something to aim for next weekend :smile:

Legs were killing this morning, no nothing to do with cycling - that would be the last couple of days moving rooms around :sad: you spend ages getting the house just right and six months later for some reason it needs doing again lol.

It was so windy it felt like riding through treacle, hoping I can get out again later today

https://www.strava.com/activities/46774196
Still working on this one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom