Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWright

Guru
Your crossing of miles and kilometres breaks my think box

I think in miles too but 50k to me is like one of the stepping stone distances. I know it is just over 31 miles (I have done that one ^_^) , next is 50 miles, 100k then 100 miles. I will probably try for the 50 miles before much longer. It will be more difficult for sure, it is a decent jump up from 50k. I don't even like riding in a car that far. :laugh: Then the 100k then the Imperial 100. I am in no hurry but do hope to accomplish those marks eventually.

IanA

wow, back from work, wake up to zero wind and blue sky..still damn cold outside.

think I'll fuel up and go out while the roads are quiet too......

Mo1959

Legendary Member
wow, back from work, wake up to zero wind and blue sky..still damn cold outside.

think I'll fuel up and go out while the roads are quiet too......
Yeah, go for it. Just back a quick 15 miler myself and yes, it was pretty chilly but very fresh and beautiful too, and hardly anyone else about. So peaceful..............well apart from my puffing and panting up the hills! :laugh:

IanA

Yeah, go for it. Just back a quick 15 miler myself and yes, it was pretty chilly but very fresh and beautiful too, and hardly anyone else about. So peaceful..............well apart from my puffing and panting up the hills! :laugh:
your up and out early Mo !

Mo1959

Legendary Member
your up and out early Mo !
Yes, love the early mornings. The joys of getting older means you don't seem to need very much sleep so I am as well to take advantage of it. Just enjoying my tea and toast now and will get out with the dog soon. It's a good way of easing of the legs if you have worked hard.

Your crossing of miles and kilometres breaks my think box
Sorry, it makes no difference to me work in both metric and imperial, I will try and keep to one however. It was 22.53Km/h
Well if you were panting Mo it was worth it, 3 p.b's on all 3 segments, well done.

RWright

Guru
Mo is up and at it early, very nice ride this morning. :thumbsup:

I have been up late fettling my new ride. I was a little concerned with the shifting and stopping on my first two rides. I should have fettled it before I rode it at all and saved myself the worrying. I got it shifting really smooth and fast, brakes are dialed in with a short pull like I like them now and seem to work great now. I have these 105s working as well as my Ultegra stuff. Just a little different throw on the levers for shifting is about the only difference I can tell. I am not sure but that may be able to be adjusted too. It is so close I am not going to try and learn if and how it is done...well not yet anyway.

It will soon be time to get some sleep so I can put some miles on the new ride. I may even try out my heart rate monitor today or tomorrow.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Sorry, it makes no difference to me work in both metric and imperial, I will try and keep to one however. It was 22.53Km/h

Well if you were panting Mo it was worth it, 3 p.b's on all 3 segments, well done.
Hills are a bit of a bug bear with me as I still find them pretty difficult so I've been trying to work reasonably hard up them. They're not going to get any easier if I don't keep doing them I suppose.

I've noticed my cycling log thing doesn't seem to be updating at the moment. Anyone else noticed or is it just mine?

simmi

Über Member
Hills are a bit of a bug bear with me as I still find them pretty difficult so I've been trying to work reasonably hard up them. They're not going to get any easier if I don't keep doing them I suppose.

I've noticed my cycling log thing doesn't seem to be updating at the moment. Anyone else noticed or is it just mine?
Yeah mine's the same Mo, if you look at the CC group section on cycling log you can see where you are.
I think the green bar needs to be updated manually, someone will correct me if i'm wrong but I think Auntie Helen from Oz does it.

IanA

6 days at work, ie 6 days in hotels, and I'd bugger all gym work while away....and it shows.

http://app.strava.com/activities/46432769

it really hurt the legs and lungs to go at what I felt I a decent speed, and I was so close to puking up !

going to have to go again while off or 5 days and I must use the gym while away, think my body is to old and loves to go bad into slob mode if I don't keep at it !

at least it was sunny and I didn't get snowed on !

It happens from time to time.
Thats what I though back last Sept, so I started doing some, I have got better,
spft.JPG

IanA

It happens from time to time.
Thats what I though back last Sept, so I started doing some, I have got better,
View attachment 21132
Nice improvement Nigel.....

I think we all as newbies hate the hills, the pain, the feeling of weakness as he legs just give up !

Evidence from Nigel that we will improve if we keep at it!

just wish there was a magic potion to give you Chris Hoy legs !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom