Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
lovely day this morning was out at just after 7am so another 13.7 miles under my XL belt lol
Same here, I think it was probably around minus 3 when I set out at 6am but it was lovely and clear and the sun came up early so warmed up apart from my toes.
Virtually no traffic either at that time of the morning so much more enjoyable and peaceful. :smile:

Finally got out this morning for a quick 8 miler, lovely sunny day but as usual biting cold wind. At least there was no snow!

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Decided to try something different today as it's a bank holiday and I had more time for a ride. So I got a lift to Stow on the Wold and cycled home. It was a nice idea but badly executed. I got dropped off at the top of a steep hill which meant no pedalling and then had to brake hard for a narrow blind bridge at the bottom. I then had to cycle up the other side which felt like a brick wall with cold legs. I suffered badly for the lack of a warm up but oh well, lesson learned and it was nice to try some different roads.

Averaged 17mph for the first time (excluding the turbo). It was cheating a bit because I started at a higher elevation than at home but then the descents were so steep I had the brakes on constantly down them anyway.

http://app.strava.com/activities/46328151

Billy Adam

Decided to try something different today as it's a bank holiday and I had more time for a ride. So I got a lift to Stow on the Wold and cycled home. It was a nice idea but badly executed. I got dropped off at the top of a steep hill which meant no pedalling and then had to brake hard for a narrow blind bridge at the bottom. I then had to cycle up the other side which felt like a brick wall with cold legs. I suffered badly for the lack of a warm up but oh well, lesson learned and it was nice to try some different roads.

Averaged 17mph for the first time (excluding the turbo). It was cheating a bit because I started at a higher elevation than at home but then the descents were so steep I had the brakes on constantly down them anyway.

http://app.strava.com/activities/46328151
I was thinking of doing something like . But catching a train somewhere and riding back.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Go for it - it makes a nice change from the normal routes. Plus you have no choice but to go out then - because you'll have paid for your ticket. And then no choice but to cycle home.

spooks

Had to work today so I've only just been out for my quick 20km loop. Found it really tough because of the wind but my average speed is increasing (from slug like to tortoise like) so that's ok. It's still only my 4th proper outing so I can't be too impatient. I hate being a beginner at anything so being the slow one really grinds.

Had to work today so I've only just been out for my quick 20km loop. Found it really tough because of the wind but my average speed is increasing (from slug like to tortoise like) so that's ok. It's still only my 4th proper outing so I can't be too impatient. I hate being a beginner at anything so being the slow one really grinds.
You will get there. My 4th ride I was upto 11.64mph avg next one back down to 9.81. 1st ride 9.32mph.

spooks

I averaged 12.7mph today. I need to start going further but my sense of direction isn't that great and I don't fancy getting lost. I do take my phone with me but it's a pain to stop and get it out at every junction just to work out where the heck I am.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Progress made!

8.79m / 39.59 / 13.2 Av' - snuck this in between domestic duties and social duties!

Bit Siberian Salt Mine-ish in places - damn! Bike rinsed and dried so all is well.

My new saddle (replacing stock Giant saddle) which is a Bontrager Affinity R was VERY comfortable; felt like I was actually sitting still on it without the continual forward slide when I was on the chubbier Giant number!

Fitting process seems to work.

Well done to everyone who got out and commiserations to everyone who wanted to get out but life/weather/whatever got in the way!

Easter is nearly here....

I usually get through about 30 eggs (nearly) at Easter but I have limited myself to one small CDM Buttons as I am trying to shift a little bit of mid-life plumpness! Hopefully I won't crack!

Progress made!

8.79m / 39.59 / 13.2 Av' - snuck this in between domestic duties and social duties!

Bit Siberian Salt Mine-ish in places - damn! Bike rinsed and dried so all is well.

My new saddle (replacing stock Giant saddle) which is a Bontrager Infinity R was VERY comfortable; felt like I was actually sitting still on it without the continual forward slide when I was on the chubbier Giant number!

Fitting process seems to work.

Well done to everyone who got out and commiserations to everyone who wanted to get out but life/weather/whatever got in the way!

Easter is nearly here....

I usually get through about 30 eggs (nearly) at Easter but I have limited myself to one small CDM Buttons as I am trying to shift a little bit of mid-life plumpness! Hopefully I won't crack!
Thats easy send them here.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom