Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Braved the frost and got out just after 6am just in case the snow showers return later. Pretty chilly but worked quite hard to keep warm. Actually hit 14mph average which is about the best I can currently manage. Pretty tame compared to some of the youngsters on here but I am quite happy with it. :smile:

Very impressive

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Only just over 13 miles tonight, but that was enough to take me over 1000 miles for the month. Three days rest now ready for the Strava April Challenge

http://app.strava.com/activities/46202015
It will be a good challenge for you with your commute. Pretty sure you will do it no problem.

Still haven't signed up for it. No way I could do that mileage but suppose I should sign up and at least try for half way.

SWSteve

Guru
It will be a good challenge for you with your commute. Pretty sure you will do it no problem.

Still haven't signed up for it. No way I could do that mileage but suppose I should sign up and at least try for half way.
I'm not going for gold, but have signed up. If I make it to 750 miles I'll be incredibly happy...I don't imagine that happening

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Sign up, it doesn't cost anything, I think you placed 4th or 5th of all the cycle chatters on the last one

simmi

Über Member
Been out for my first ride on my new bike, very very nice so smooth over the bumps and holes, a revelation!
I had read an article where my Ribble alloy frame was described as the "transit van" of frames which at the time I thought was a bit harsh but now having ridden my carbon Synapse have to agree.
I have had a bit of back ache for a couple of weeks (pulled something playing ball with my dogs) so was a little bit unsure how I would cope but after 2 hours in the saddle my back felt as good as when I started.
My GPS let me down again, at the start and the end so strava figures are not quite right but ride was 33.8 miles in about 1 hour 58 Minutes.http://app.strava.com/activities/46199041
The wind was quite strong but still managed a 17mph average so can't wait for some good weather to see what the bike can do.
The bike came with a very expensive Fizik Kurve Bull saddle which I have to say was very very comfortable, I didn't have to change position once through discomfort which I had to do quite a lot with my old one. The only negative with it was it was quite slippery so it didn't hold me quite so still.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Well the good Lord blessed me with a mighty 4 degrees Celsius today (scorchio!) so I managed to get out for the first time in 2 and a half weeks with some newly purchased cold weather gear. Also used a HR monitor for the first time, although I have NO idea how I should be reading this apart from seemingly being a heartbeat away from a seizure!

Seriously, any help reading that info is appreciated, I'm thinking I need to set HR zones but how do I go about that? Strava says my suffer score was really high, but apart from a couple of hills I didn't really struggle or push it massively, just tried to keep up an ok speed (for me).

Also, think my average speed may have been closer to 14 mph had I not decided to hit Wimbledon during the "you ain't going nowhere" time of day...

Still am pleased, just need to learn how to read the mass of data I am now getting from my Garmin.

http://app.strava.com/activities/46205895

Well the good Lord blessed me with a mighty 4 degrees Celsius today (scorchio!) so I managed to get out for the first time in 2 and a half weeks with some newly purchased cold weather gear. Also used a HR monitor for the first time, although I have NO idea how I should be reading this apart from seemingly being a heartbeat away from a seizure!

Seriously, any help reading that info is appreciated, I'm thinking I need to set HR zones but how do I go about that? Strava says my suffer score was really high, but apart from a couple of hills I didn't really struggle or push it massively, just tried to keep up an ok speed (for me).

Also, think my average speed may have been closer to 14 mph had I not decided to hit Wimbledon during the "you ain't going nowhere" time of day...

Still am pleased, just need to learn how to read the mass of data I am now getting from my Garmin.

http://app.strava.com/activities/46205895
Have a quick look here HR Zones
Two rides a short trip to the chemist.
http://app.strava.com/activities/46221730 2 p.b's
and 2 on this http://app.strava.com/activities/46222802

RWright

Guru
I got my heart rate monitor in the mail today but forgot to check the mail before I went out riding. I was too excited to remember to check because I got a new (to me) bike today too. :smile: Used bike but brand new tires on it and the P fairy had me within the first 10 miles. :rolleyes: Still wasn't enough to mess up my day. I am still grinning and staring at my new bike. ^_^ I wasn't fast on my first ride on it, more of a shake down ride, listening and checking out everything, still one of my better rides of the year, even with the P fairy visit.

Hmm should I be concerned I spent a good proportion of my 19 miles in the top end HRZ? Im guessing it will come down as I get fitter, or my heart stops, whichever comes first.
If your going off strava I would take no notice mine for the ride last night is even higher than yours on the overall graph, but max was 159bpm and avg 141bpm, try using garmin connect to view your H.R. or select a segment on strava it will show it better. On the overview I peaked at about 215bpm

Reece

Veteran
Well not been out the last few days. Been having to work overtime in morning an evening. Planning on getting out for the Saturday club ride tomorrow.

Suns out here today in leicester and looks beautiful to ride in but I'm looking after my lad all day. Hope it is the same for tomorrow.

Received my parcel from garmin yesterday. Was expecting to receive a new speed cadence sensor under warranty as mines faulty. But for some strange reason they've sent me a replacement HRM strap. Waiting on an email response but may be a while due to bank holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom