Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reece

Veteran
Well tomorrows the day. My 1st sportive, although the forecast is pretty grim. can't see it being any worse than the audax in Feb I did. Plus the terrain is a lot flatter on the sportive than the audax. Looking to hit 15.5mph avg or higher over the 80miles to get the gold time award ^_^

AndyPeace

You must be getting close to hitting the Giro Challenge by now?

1 hour 47 mins to go...I slacked off after missing my 11 day target, then was 'almost ill' so cut my rides to the essentials. I may finish tonight, but more likely tomorrow. It's done me loads of good already!. I feel more able to take on miles and more capable when it's a struggle and have surprised myself - leaving the house tired and glum, only to return feeling great and revitalised. I'm planning to get a 100km ride in on Sunday to celebrate completing the challenge :smile:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Well tomorrows the day. My 1st sportive, although the forecast is pretty grim. can't see it being any worse than the audax in Feb I did. Plus the terrain is a lot flatter on the sportive than the audax. Looking to hit 15.5mph avg or higher over the 80miles to get the gold time award ^_^
Good luck

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
1 hour 47 mins to go...I slacked off after missing my 11 day target, then was 'almost ill' so cut my rides to the essentials. I may finish tonight, but more likely tomorrow. It's done me loads of good already!. I feel more able to take on miles and more capable when it's a struggle and have surprised myself - leaving the house tired and glum, only to return feeling great and revitalised. I'm planning to get a 100km ride in on Sunday to celebrate completing the challenge :smile:)

You should easily do it

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member

You in Cambridgeshire tomorrow? Good luck. I'll be at the tail end :smile:

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Good luck mate - Hope the weather isn't too bad!

Well the assement went very well, might be a shed load of work coming this way!
The ride was very enjoyable, see previous.

Now this bloomin flat pack is laughing at me it's another from the "one hour to assemble family" :banghead:
Two hours in and nothing that looks like a cupboard/sideboard.
Whacked up two kitchen cupboards Thurs night (told you we are rearranging the house)
Finally fixed the spokes, made my first sub 20 min run to the hospital Friday morning.
http://app.strava.com/activities/44497189#758768935
and 5 p.b's coming home http://app.strava.com/activities/44497189#758768935
not bad for a week off.

I went for my second commute of the week today. It's the first time this year I have commuted in on consecutive days although I feel fine tbh.Strava seemed to go a bit funny on my commute in at the start hence the long moving time and strange trace.

Ride in :http://app.strava.com/activities/44347489

Ride home : http://app.strava.com/activities/44395233
I found this happened with the garmin before i fitted a speed/cadence sensor, more so when I first set off, I found that while the unit relied on the gps for speed data, it would give the odd gps track that might be some distance away, also I found the tracking better if the unit has been on for a while before a ride, this problem has stopped since fitting the speed/cadence sensor.

RWright

Guru
Reece, good luck on your sportive!

Nigel, good job on the ride and getting things done at home. I have been letting too many things go around the house. I am going to spend some time on them this weekend.

I didn't work today so I got a couple of rides in early. I was considering doing long rides tonight and this weekend to try and get in the time for the Challenge but something came up. I went and got the most recent +1 of the N +1 equation. Good news is I now have a mid 70's Raleigh Sports in pretty good shape as those things go, for $120. I got it from the original owner, the Brooks saddle looks salvageable, to my untrained eye.:smile: It is a Brooks B72, I guess that was stock for back then. My initial impression of the saddle is OOOH YEAH, daddy likes. ;)

The bad news is I had to drive to damn near the Virginia border to get it. That four hours round trip driving most certainly put me out of the challenge, you win some you lose some. Congrats to everyone who has completed it and good luck to those that are still going after it. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, the latest addition looks a lot like my current Rain Unit bike. I was thinking maybe RU2 as a name. Kind of a Star Warish name that sounds like a question as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom