Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Sitting here with the gear on but it is foggy and just below freezing outside. Still some ice on the road in my street so having breakfast first for a change and see what it is like in an hour or so. Haven't logged the last couple of rides yet but I think I only have just over an hour to complete the challenge. It's been tough on me though and probably a wee bit too much for me in truth. Been getting slower and slower because my legs are weary and I am close to having a saddle sore so spending more time standing up and wriggling around than pedaling :sad:

Not a good combination being middle aged and comparatively unfit but having a competitive nature. :laugh:

Reece

Veteran
Not happy, got to Huntingdon racecourse and the epic 80mile cancelled so got to do the standard 40mile. Maybe the gold time is back on.

That's another century I've got to find this month for my clubs challenge as was hoping would of got today.

RWright

Guru
Sitting here with the gear on but it is foggy and just below freezing outside. Still some ice on the road in my street so having breakfast first for a change and see what it is like in an hour or so. Haven't logged the last couple of rides yet but I think I only have just over an hour to complete the challenge. It's been tough on me though and probably a wee bit too much for me in truth. Been getting slower and slower because my legs are weary and I am close to having a saddle sore so spending more time standing up and wriggling around than pedaling :sad:

Not a good combination being middle aged and comparatively unfit but having a competitive nature. :laugh:

My butt was getting tired doing the extra saddle time as well. You should make it with time to spare. Don't go out and get hurt trying to do it. You can give the sun a little time to hopefully melt the ice. Very nice job on the challenge. :thumbsup:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My butt was getting tired doing the extra saddle time as well. You should make it with time to spare. Don't go out and get hurt trying to do it. You can give the sun a little time to hopefully melt the ice. Very nice job on the challenge. :thumbsup:

Thanks Rocky. Got quite foggy but put my lights on. Temperature lifted a bit so was actually reasonably pleasant. No wind for the first time in ages too.

Well, that's the challenge completed and I think I will probably ease back for a bit. Weather is actually supposed to break down again this week anyway so good excuse. Last of the wintery flurries of snow to come then hopefully we will be shot of it and get some spring weather.

Good luck to all who have long rides, sportives, audaxes, etc planned for today.

Billy Adam

Thanks Rocky. Got quite foggy but put my lights on. Temperature lifted a bit so was actually reasonably pleasant. No wind for the first time in ages too.

Well, that's the challenge completed and I think I will probably ease back for a bit. Weather is actually supposed to break down again this week anyway so good excuse. Last of the wintery flurries of snow to come then hopefully we will be shot of it and get some spring weather.

Good luck to all who have long rides, sportives, audaxes, etc planned for today.
Well done Mo for getting out and finishing the challenge. Might be able to get out later but at the moment blowing a gale and teeming down.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Well done.

boybiker

Guru
Think my goal of the gold time will be out the window. Just set off now in wind and rain :sad:

Good luck to all who are taking part!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Sorry to hear that Reece. Well done for getting the 40 miles in anyway. It's pretty scary when a side wind throws you a couple of feet into the road. I think the next time we get 17 mph+ winds around here I'm going to just take the MTB instead as it's so much more planted. Every farm gate or junction you have to cling on for dear life.

Mo, congratulations on completing the challenge! :bravo:That's really amazing, just a few weeks ago you were doing 10-20 miles a week (weather related I guess) and now you've done 200 miles this week, 450 in the last three. :eek:

Weather has been dreadful here this morning so I have just been lazing around in my dressing gown but it's brightening up now so when my lunch goes down I will be donning the lycra and heading out.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Mo, congratulations on completing the challenge! :bravo:That's really amazing, just a few weeks ago you were doing 10-20 miles a week (weather related I guess) and now you've done 200 miles this week, 450 in the last three. :eek:

Weather has been dreadful here this morning so I have just been lazing around in my dressing gown but it's brightening up now so when my lunch goes down I will be donning the lycra and heading out.
Thanks. It was hard work but got a little kick out of managing it. Probably take it easy for a bit now to let the legs recover. Currently trying hard to snow here again now so just got it finished in time.

Hope your weather stays decent and you get a good run this afternoon.

monkeylc

Über Member
I've got the horn!

2VJm0SM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom