Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kerndog

Only got out after work for a quick loop 8.3 miles ( don't count a warm up and cool down stretch)
For no real reason it felt so difficult to get moving tonight :cry:
must try harder.

although it wasn't too long ago that 8 miles was a long way :laugh:

Yeah I was the same today. I did almost the same route as yesterday and it seemed a lot harder today

http://app.strava.com/activities/44371068

AndyPeace

There was glorious sunshine here this morning but by the time I out it had all clouded over. Spent a little time in the sun, as had to change my tires over (there was a hole in my front tire, which I thought had a stone stuck in it, turned out to be the inner tube sticking through). Got out for a Night Ride, which I missed last night, as I was on the edge of ill. Feeling much better now.
http://app.strava.com/activities/44430097

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Mr Sky must be very upset today as it is blooming wet no, make that......WET out there.

My Giant and I are huddled away nice and snug indoors and following a slightly lop-sided chat we have decided that neither of us are going out at all today. So Mr Sky...bring it on; we just don't care!

Happy rides to those who live in drier climes, those who are more hardy and even those who are more foolish than me.

IanA

down and out !

well went for tht 15 mile ride on Tuesday, damn cold and it even snowed on me.

Tuesday evening, felt a bit sniffly and a cold throat. Went work Wednesday and by lunch time felt a bit rough ! so here I am now coming back home having spent since Wednesday in the hotel and done no work !

think if I go out again in the cold, I will cover my mouth so I'm not breathing the cold air into my lungs !

AndyPeace

down and out !

Tuesday evening, felt a bit sniffly and a cold throat. Went work Wednesday and by lunch time felt a bit rough ! so here I am now coming back home having spent since Wednesday in the hotel and done no work !

think if I go out again in the cold, I will cover my mouth so I'm not breathing the cold air into my lungs !
I have to protect my chest, as I'm very susceptible to infections. Keep your core warm... lots of layers (thin layers can always be taken off and pocketed if you get too hot) and wrap your neck/throat up. I also use a little vapor rub after the ride to keep my breathing clean and clear. Hope your good today!

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Mr Sky must be very upset today as it is blooming wet no, make that......WET out there.

My Giant and I are huddled away nice and snug indoors and following a slightly lop-sided chat we have decided that neither of us are going out at all today. So Mr Sky...bring it on; we just don't care!

Happy rides to those who live in drier climes, those who are more hardy and even those who are more foolish than me.

Torrential rain forecast here for going home time, plus 16mph headwinds for me.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
down and out !

You've just got to ride through, remember rule 5 :wacko:

RWright

Guru
down and out !

I did the same thing this past Sunday. I will not do another more vigorous ride ( for me) in the cold air without my mouth being covered either. Live and learn I guess. I am still getting over it but am back riding now.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Got home for 4:15 so went for a quick ride. It's drizzling but then it's going to rain all weekend anyway so no time like the present! Heading directly north I was going straight into a very strong headwind but then just a couple of miles later I was holding onto the bike because of an Easterly wind, then I was heading North again and had a tailwind behind me. When I got home I could clearly see the wind blowing the trees from the west. Never known it to change anything like that quickly. :wacko:

Anyway just did 9.5 miles as it was turning into a racetrack as it approcahed 5pm. Managed my first ever 16mph average though, after almost 6 months of being at 15mph average every ride. ^_^

http://app.strava.com/activities/44511124

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
There was glorious sunshine here this morning but by the time I out it had all clouded over. Spent a little time in the sun, as had to change my tires over (there was a hole in my front tire, which I thought had a stone stuck in it, turned out to be the inner tube sticking through). Got out for a Night Ride, which I missed last night, as I was on the edge of ill. Feeling much better now.
http://app.strava.com/activities/44430097

You must be getting close to hitting the Giro Challenge by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom