Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWright

Guru
After sleeping/resting away my cold, I got out today. I wanted to take a few pictures in the next town north. So I went out this evening and set off into 10 mph headwind on a route that has two river bottoms and always seems like I am pedaling uphill. It was a slow process but not bad, temperature was a little cool (for me) but I was not under or over dressed so it was a decent ride. I was planning to get in a few hours riding but on the way home the sun was going down and I realized I had picked up the wrong battery pack for my headlight, it was too dark to go without a headlight by this time. :blink: I didn't get to take advantage of the tailwind. :sad: I instead stopped at our work shop and got one of our trucks and put the bike in the back and drove the last 11 miles home. My fingers were getting a little cool by this time because even though I wore full fingers they were not very thick ones, so I really didn't mind too bad. I also wore a helmet today and I actually think in cool weather that it vents my head more than having nothing on it at all. I hope it works as well if I wear it this summer.

It felt good getting back out in spite of still having the sniffles from my cold.

Kins

Über Member

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
No progress at all today.

Weather started off nice and I was due to ride late pm but now we are having rain, sleet, fluffy snow flakes on a three phase alternating cycle.

Very entertaining it is too.

Hope all who have got out or will get out had/have a lovely ride.

I have a short driving assement first thing tomorrow in Evesham then I'm sort of free for the day so hope to get out, fingers crossed.
There is another one of those blooming flat packs lurking in the hall with my name on it though:banghead:
Well the assement went very well, might be a shed load of work coming this way!
The ride was very enjoyable, see previous.

Now this bloomin flat pack is laughing at me it's another from the "one hour to assemble family" :banghead:
Two hours in and nothing that looks like a cupboard/sideboard.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well the assement went very well, might be a shed load of work coming this way!
The ride was very enjoyable, see above.

Now this bloomin flat pack is laughing at me it's another from the "one hour to assemble family" :banghead:
Two hours in and nothing that looks like a cupboard/sideboard.

In Sept last year we took delivery of 2 bedside cabinets and 1 chest of drawers for our main bedroom. Beautifully made stuff direct from somewhere in Denmark.

Took two of us (both reasonably bright types) over 7 hours to digest the instructions and then put them together. Never again!

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Went out for 20 miles this afternoon and did a bit of an experiment with my new cycle computer.

Map my Ride said 1:41:55 time. Computer said 1:36:46
Map my ride 22.03 miles. Computer 21.153 miles
Map my ride 1119 calories. Computer 434.6 calories

The time discrepancy may be because for some of the time I was stationary (called at lbs, waiting for a train to go past, carrying bike up steps, etc) but the others, no idea. Guess I'll have to do the route in my car and clock it that way.

Anyway, not a very quick ride, but at least it's a few more miles under my wheels before Saturday's Wiggle No Excuses :smile:

kerndog

Went out in the morning for a 16.8mile ride through country, Hardly no wind and the sun was out so it was a good ride.

On a good side , completed my first 100 miles :biggrin:

http://app.strava.com/activities/44366291

Good work! first big milestone done

Weather down here was great as well, got 21 miles in and it was lovely, sun shining, loads of animals to see. fantastic. And although I found it much harder than yesterday I still managed 13.5mph avg, broke a bunch of PB's and got a king of the mountain on strava! (:laugh:theres only 4 of us on the segment though:laugh:)

I cant wait for it to warm up!

DaveyM

Über Member
Only got out after work for a quick loop 8.3 miles ( don't count a warm up and cool down stretch)
For no real reason it felt so difficult to get moving tonight :cry:
must try harder.

although it wasn't too long ago that 8 miles was a long way :laugh:

Leescfc79

Über Member
Only got out after work for a quick loop 8.3 miles ( don't count a warm up and cool down stretch)
For no real reason it felt so difficult to get moving tonight :cry:
must try harder.

although it wasn't too long ago that 8 miles was a long way :laugh:

I know what you mean, I did 16 miles earlier today and it was a real struggle, couldn't put my finger on why but it was really hard work. Guess its just one of those days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom