Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mange-tout

Why have you got puppies in your jacket? What if they fell out and got ran over?

madness........

Exactly...........I had to keep them close to my chest for fear of them escaping. Perhaps I should strap them down into a wicker basket on the front.................

IanA

My dad is not well at the moment, had paramedic out to him today, and while there, we talked about his racing days....One of the pictures he showed me was this one, along with some news paper clippings of him from around 1948.
image.jpg

He retired after he had a big crash in team pursuit and wrote the bike off and nearly himself !

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Not sure I'll make the Taylor Challenge in eleven days, I'm on 22hrs 28mins...just another 9 hours 22mins to go and 2 days to do it in. Where as I'm sure I could (though don't mind admitting I'm knackered!), it would involve riding till the early hours of the morning or leaving my job. Should have been a bit more realistic when I set myself this goal, I hate to miss a target ...grrr

I need to do another 7 hours, until this crappy weather turned up I was on to complete it by Wednesday, now I will be happy to just get it done by Sunday.

monkeylc

Über Member
My dad is not well at the moment, had paramedic out to him today, and while there, we talked about his racing days....One of the pictures he showed me was this one, along with some news paper clippings of him from around 1948. View attachment 20329

He retired after he had a big crash in team pursuit and wrote the bike off and nearly himself !

brilliant photo mate,love it.

hope your dads ok..

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
Well I had some lunatic try and kill me today:

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/encountered-a-real-lunatic-today.125972/

Today was supposed to be a good day, I was going to go to local bike shops after work and research getting a carbon bike but now I am really shaken up. I don't think that post really describes too well what happens but really...I thought he was going to kill me. :ohmy: :sad:

Wow that sounds horrendous. I hope you're OK but perhaps that is making things a bit simplistic. Hopefully this will not have put you off cycling or even driving for that matter. It sounds like a totally random incident and if you can accept that then maybe you can move on from it.

Best Wishes

Paul

AndyPeace

I need to do another 7 hours, until this crappy weather turned up I was on to complete it by Wednesday, now I will be happy to just get it done by Sunday.
Even though I've ridden through and even enjoyed the winter, I am struggling with this fall in temprature. I've seriously thought about pushing myself tonight and getting out for a few hours but sense has prevailed and I'm staying in, got my commute in so at least I've been out. I think I've just got the winter blues. I'll complete the challenge and will remember that Ive never ridden so much before and it's a big achievment. made 230 miles last week :smile: whereas in October that was a whole months cycling!

RWright

Guru
Not sure now that I am home and warmed up if I should take it off again and inspect it properly or just trust it will be ok.

If I had made it 10 miles on it I would probably just keep riding on it. I would probably check the tube in the sink and see where the hole is and look in that area of the tire from the outside and see if I noticed anything.

IanA

Damn and blast more snow this morning, just put the bin out for collection, and there was a pair castrated brass monkeys hanging from a tree !!

Waited till 11am until the ice cleared most of the roads and risked a ride. Winds still absolutely baltic and got my very first visit from the fairy. She bloomin picked her day. 10 miles from home rear wheel puncture so no option of walking home. Think it took me about 25 minutes which is probably pretty slow but it was my first and my hands were getting numb. Afraid the inside of the tyre just got a cursory check as I knew if I didn't get a move in and get the new tube in quickly my fingers would get too numb to get it done.

Not sure now that I am home and warmed up if I should take it off again and inspect it properly or just trust it will be ok.
Takes me about 15-20 mins, when out, so considering the conditions, I think it's ok, a little tip following up on Rocky's advice about checking the area of the tyre, if you align the logo on the tyre with the valve it will make it a little easier to find any objects, as you can check the area in relation to the puncture in the tube.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Takes me about 15-20 mins, when out, so considering the conditions, I think it's ok, a little tip following up on Rocky's advice about checking the area of the tyre, if you align the logo on the tyre with the valve it will make it a little easier to find any objects, as you can check the area in relation to the puncture in the tube.
Nigel, turned out when I got home and inflated the old tube to have a look, there was a slight indentation and hole on the wheel rim side of the tube so I am thinking might need some new rim tape if it has been the end of a spoke that has caused it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom