Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well done to everyone who's got out. I had to abort my ride after 15 miles because of knee pain. It must be the clipless pedals, either that or when I took it into Decathlon last week for it's 6 month service they lowered the saddle. It does seem too low now. I'll have a go at adjusting it on the turbo tomorrow, may have to adjust the cleat position too.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
2 rides today 7.51 miles and 7.78 miles - averaging 11.95mph and 13.18mph respectively. Apart from being a Noob it is a tad hilly where I live. Excuses, excuses! :laugh:

I sneaked the second in as I had a bad January and I am trying to catch up on my target!

Speed isn't everything. If I lived in Cumbria I probably wouldn't even get on a bike.

Billy Adam

2 rides today 7.51 miles and 7.78 miles - averaging 11.95mph and 13.18mph respectively. Apart from being a Noob it is a tad hilly where I live. Excuses, excuses! :laugh:

I sneaked the second in as I had a bad January and I am trying to catch up on my target!
At you made out. Look up Cumbria in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of a hill.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Your not having much luck with these pedals Typhon, good luck with the cleat adjusting session tomorrow.

Thanks both. Yeah they've caused a few problems so far, almost came a cropper today too when out of nowhere a dog jumped out of a hedge in front of me and I had to brake sharply, fortunately I was just about able to unclip. No attempt made by the owners to call the dog back or apologise, of course.

RWright

Guru
It's good to have better weather. Seems like the first time for months that I didn't get soaked, have to dodge ice or snow or ride into a gale force wind.

Got a good 30 miler in and planning the same tomorrow.

Seems like the tides are turning, it is snowing here right now and the weathers is nice there. I doubt if I will ride today, I may walk instead. I am glad to see y'all getting a break in the weather.

On the bright side. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays the US Postal Service from the swift completion of their appointed rounds...or so they say. :smile: Today it happened to be true, I got in my new cassette, chain, and saddle, got some pedals too but didn't really need them. Wiggle had them marked down to nearly as cheap as I could get the cleats and cleat hardware so, I just got the whole package. I have been wanting to get my drop bar bike back on the road, won't be long now. :thumbsup:

Seems like the tides are turning, it is snowing here right now and the weathers is nice there. I doubt if I will ride today, I may walk instead. I am glad to see y'all getting a break in the weather.
it about time we had some nicer weather saw loads of people on bikes today, though to be far it was earlier on in the ride.
Well even if the ride was boring I got 6 p.b.'s 3 2nd's and a 3rd best times.

Leys Rd Climb e-w to me this was a great improvement as it was near the end of the ride, as was this

Gowdall to Hensall, Eggborough Power Station Sprint both an increase of 2mph, though I think the last time I had quite strong head winds.
16/2/13 if you interested.
and an avg sp for the wk of 14.05mph, first time since the 1st wk of the year.

RWright

Guru
Very nice improvement Nigel. I think you are going to be surprised more in the spring with the warmer weather. Improvements in times near the end of the rides is a telling sign of progress IMO. It stopped snowing here now, just a little rain, the roads are only wet, not slick. I think I am going to go out for 10 miles or so on the Rain Unit. Walking is just so boring.

Very nice improvement Nigel. I think you are going to be surprised more in the spring with the warmer weather. Improvements in times near the end of the rides is a telling sign of progress IMO. It stopped snowing here now, just a little rain, the roads are only wet, not slick. I think I am going to go out for 10 miles or so on the Rain Unit. Walking is just so boring.
I know what you mean, It was that last little climb I was really pleased with as I hated it for so long, after what I have been doing I really looked forward to it. I have just created a segment from Whitley to Darrington covering the two segments (its not often I do both) total of 5.4 miles 258ft gain avg sp 14.3mph. (including that short climb) not sure if all the results are in yet but I am currently 4th out of 8
http://app.strava.com/segments/3443940

Ride safe

Reece

Veteran
I am a happy chappy today.

Went out for the Saturday club run (the 2nd fastest group ride) and managed to do 67.5miles at a very respectable 16.1mph avg ^_^ (best by far)

I think we all felt on form today (maybe to do with the better weather finally). We may have been slightly quicker but my friend had his first Sat run today and ran out of steam towards the end.

http://app.strava.com/activities/41126904

Some nice PR's on there too. Just need to keep it up now!

SWSteve

Guru
Today was meant to be 'go out on a long run, try 30 miles' day. That did not happen. Never go to the pub with mates/go to a mates house to continue drinking when you have something sporting planned. 30 became 15 and it was very slow. At one point I started to think why I even went out as I was terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom