Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Video was very helpful.

Frustrating!
Everyone except me, in this house, has Sickness bug and My OH is asleep in bed recovering.
I am on mopping up duties.
And the sun has come out, looks like a good day for a ride out. Grrr.

Edit;
I could really do with some fresh air.

Reece

Veteran
Frustrating!
Everyone except me, in this house, has Sickness bug and My OH is asleep in bed recovering.

Edit;
My lad is ill too so I'm looking after him. Was hoping for a short and steady recovery ride after yesterday to. May get the turbo out later though.

eevvee

Ride 12 yesterday 23 miles at 15.2mph which is my best average time to date
Ride 13 this morning 31 miles at 13.6mph - I did take a wrong turn which found me, at for me a steep descent, only to find myself at a dual carriage filter so turned around and had to "climb" back up - (compact 50 - 34 and 11 - 28 cassette) and I was in the easiest of gears by the time I was halfway up but using the rule 5 mantra made it to the top and selected the correct turn.
Bike (Boardman hybrid Team) cleaned, now looking forward to a long soak in a hot bath.
Roads still in dreadful state with pot holes getting bigger but great to get out with the sun in the sky.

Frustrating!

Edit;

Well I did get out when my OH got up. I combined my two circuits for a 16.45 miles in 61 mins, very pleased to see my avg over 16mph with a slight wind.
Happy.

simmi

Über Member
Weather today was great, had to take it steady on a few decents because of icy patches but otherwise near perfect.
63 miles in 4:14:30ish @ about 14.9mph
http://app.strava.com/activities/41245168

My garmin gave me a time of 10:30 for a mile I was doing at least 15mph for so not sure why that happened.
Nice club ride a few good hills to start (need to loose some more weight)
Followed by a flat 2nd half.
Main incident was a newbie cutting straight out at 90 degrees in front of me, I had nowhere to go so pilled straight into him was OK though as I landed on him so no harm done.
Also in attendance was fellow CC member bainy16 which was nice to meet face to face after talking on here for a month or so.
It is starting to get a bit easier this is my third 100k and the first where I could have gone on.

Reece

Veteran
Weather today was great, had to take it steady on a few decents because of icy patches but otherwise near perfect.
63 miles in 4:14:30ish @ about 14.9mph
http://app.strava.com/activities/41245168

My garmin gave me a time of 10:30 for a mile I was doing at least 15mph for so not sure why that happened.
Nice club ride a few good hills to start (need to loose some more weight)
Followed by a flat 2nd half.
Main incident was a newbie cutting straight out at 90 degrees in front of me, I had nowhere to go so pilled straight into him was OK though as I landed on him so no harm done.
Also in attendance was fellow CC member bainy16 which was nice to meet face to face after talking on here for a month or so.
It is starting to get a bit easier this is my third 100k and the first where I could have gone on.
Nice one Simmi. Yeah they get easier. Yesterday was my fourth 100k this year and never felt so good to go lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom