Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
What a difference a day makes. Warm, sunshine and no wind, also no work so went out for a 12mile ride (49 mins) round the lanes. Really enjoyed it, hope the worst of the weather is behind us now.

I hope you are right, I have tomorrow and Monday off work and want to do at least 100 miles over the four days, hopefully some on the new bike

I hope so, but I am a bit of a slacker on the bike when commuting isn't involved. I might just pretend I am at work tomorrow and get up and do the commute route anyway, that will tick off 40 - 50 miles depending which way I go
I am just a slacker, it's so difficult getting out of the door (mind that might be due to my mental health problem)

RWright

Guru
I got in another 10 miles after work this evening. The weather was nice here too, I could have done a lot more but was too lazy to stop and turn my lights on. That is the one fault I find with my T6 light, it burns power if it is plugged in to the battery. I am too lazy to stop and plug it in and I nearly kill myself when I plug in while riding. I will find some sort of solution, probably involving a couple of wire ties.

Any of you newbies going to do the Strava Quarq power trip? 100 miles in one ride, done between Feb 22 and Feb 24. :evil:

I'm pretty sure I'm not. :smile:

RWright

Guru
I haven't that endurance. I am sure I could do the distance, but not in the time I would like in a day, I am looking at 7hrs 40mins

I think it would take me 8 hours plus at least, if I avoided hills.
I don't think I am up to a fitness level that I want to try something like that...yet.

They say on the same day. I might could do that, but the one ride part is what would get me. :sad:

I think it would take me 8 hours plus at least, if I avoided hills.
I don't think I am up to a fitness level that I want to try something like that...yet.

They say on the same day. I might could do that, but the one ride part is what would get me. :sad:
just leave the garmin on, it doesn't say you cant stop. as far as I know

Reece

Veteran
Any of you newbies going to do the Strava Quarq power trip? 100 miles in one ride, done between Feb 22 and Feb 24. :evil:

I'm pretty sure I'm not. :smile:
I want to do it, but I'm working that weekend on the Saturday (23rd) so only leaves Sunday. Doubt I'll do it as I have a 80mile sportive (1st one) 2 weeks after so don't want to affect that ride too. Plus us Brits have the weather to contend with, which could be any sort of weather lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom