Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another 22 miles today, if it wasn't for the commuting I would have only done about 120 miles this year.

Only 120! I wish.
I did get out today on my short circuit (8 miles in 30mins) first time I have ridden through snow, needed a woolly hat under my crash helmet to help keep warm though.
These old bib tights I rediscovered are nowhere near as warm as my Lidl longs. Think I need to spend some cash on kit.

Billy Adam

Only 120! I wish.
I did get out today on my short circuit (8 miles in 30mins) first time I have ridden through snow, needed a woolly hat under my crash helmet to help keep warm though.
These old bib tights I rediscovered are nowhere near as warm as my Lidl longs. Think I need to spend some cash on kit.
Loving my lidl longs. Like you Brian I need to get some new kit. Starting to wear through em. Could get embarrassing .

Only 120! I wish.
Nice one Brian hope it went ok.
I shrunk out of mine. What I did get though were some fleece lined tights from Home Bargains about £4, and some ski base layers again about £4, the tights arn't much use if you are tall they have flat stitching, I have both a men's and womens ski base layers the womens can been worn as outer tights, the only problem with the mens is the crotch design to much stitching, and a pair of Aldi leg warmers, which stay up ok if over the fleece tights, but not so good on bear skin, same on top, just a few extra base layers if it's cold.

Haz

Newbie progress: first ride on a road bike and using SPD's and I didn't fall off! Massive relief. And the bike stayed in one piece having been dodgily reassembled by me. Note to self for next time: wear lots more clothes. England is cold on a bike.

Kies

Yes it gets easier. Some pedals need a little flick to get them right side up,but most should fall the correct way to clip in

Billy Adam

get the double sided spd pedals ,they clip in very easy
Well done
Definitely go for double side ones. I think mine 520's no matter what way up you clip in. Plus you tend to get used to where your cleats are on your shoes after a while. Wouldn't be without mine now.

jim55

Guru
yeah ,iv got them on all my bikes (geared ,fixed ,and canal path/commuter) ,cheap as well id find it hard to have anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom