Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
heres 2 of my recent rides started about 5 weeks ago havent got a clue if there poor avarage or good let me know thanks

http://app.strava.com/rides/22488993

http://app.strava.com/rides/22902991

thats good going. i used to get average of 13-14 MPH when i started on really flat routes (180 ft over 22 miles) given the amount of hills i have to do i reckon i can average more than that now!! lol.

just found my first recorded route
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/24691500 - this route
http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/32250314 - these stats!

my latest long commute - http://app.strava.com/rides/20912154

it is acheivable! and i did have a lot of time off the bike (at least 10 weeks off after a fractured wrist and numerous other times with rugby related injuries) but i find that having a goal works wonders for giving you motivation, my main goal was a 200+ mile charity ride i organised myself that took place over 3 days! was a great experience.

Potter930

Regular
These CycleLog sigs people have... Is there an app for these for the iphone, or do you have to update it online each ride? Seems quite a good way to give yourself a target and motivation.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

I didn't think that 15 mile route I did yesterday would have tired me but how wrong I was, the extreme wind obviously took its toll and my legs were completely knackered today. I persevered though and managed a new PB of 23.8 miles (compared to 19.8 previously). I managed to equal my best long distance average speed of 13.6 mph too.

I should be happy with that but It's slightly depressing how absolutely knackered I am. :sad: The hills on the way back almost killed me. Before it was just my legs that would ache but I was puffing and panting like crazy and had to stop half way up two series of hills on the way back, which I've never had to do before.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
I didn't think that 15 mile route I did yesterday would have tired me but how wrong I was, the extreme wind obviously took its toll and my legs were completely knackered today. I persevered though and managed a new PB of 23.8 miles (compared to 19.8 previously). I managed to equal my best long distance average speed of 13.6 mph too.

I should be happy with that but It's slightly depressing how absolutely knackered I am. :sad: The hills on the way back almost killed me. Before it was just my legs that would ache but I was puffing and panting like crazy and had to stop half way up two series of hills on the way back, which I've never had to do before.

his do get easier if you have to stop on the way up. once you can reach the top without stepping off then you just get up them faster and faster!!! well done though. did you map it out on strava/endo/mapmyride etc?

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Nope I didn't. I've just signed up to strava now though so I will map it out next time. I'd be interested to see just how much I climb on that route.

Liamjc90

These CycleLog sigs people have... Is there an app for these for the iphone, or do you have to update it online each ride? Seems quite a good way to give yourself a target and motivation.

Here you go My cycle log ticker, Just follow the instructions in the thread potter.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Good good! Now watch it get ridiculously competitive and you time trialling every commute!!! Lol

Haha, that is exactly why I have resisted signing up so far! I just know that is exactly what's going to happen to me. In the end though, I was just too curious to know exactly how hilly my route is so I relented!

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Great reading everyone's stories :smile:

It's coming up a year for me since I got on the bike after 25 years. First ride was 5 miles and I nearly died..... That was 3st2lb's and 3700 miles ago now :smile: it's been completely life changing.

Good luck everyone :cheers:

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

It's coming up a year for me since I got on the bike after 25 years. First ride was 5 miles and I nearly died..... That was 3st2lb's and 3700 miles ago now :smile: it's been completely life changing.

Well done Matt, 3700 miles in your first year is fantastic. :smile:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot

This is my second year back, 1400 miles last year (with my time off the bike) hoping for 3000 this year

Fair play to you, I get no time for weekend rides so it's commuting and the odd errand every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom