RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
Your in my team, you need more excuses than that?
I think i'm going to hold you back, you're a lot stronger than me and a down hill course is likely to be my nemesis. I'll go all out on the start and then work to stay in the wheels.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Down hill ! Bloody down hill - whose bright idea was that
I apologise in advance Andy
Mind you I have never kept up with you in a race any way - so fully expect me to turn up with the grappling hook

AndyMacca

Down hill ! Bloody down hill - whose bright idea was that
I apologise in advance Andy
Mind you I have never kept up with you in a race any way - so fully expect me to turn up with the grappling hook
The course trends downhill but there's still 179m of elevation gain so overall I think the downhill element will be largely neutralised. Given our epic fail at drafting practice as the Unkoolers, the fact both our times are used and our different weights it's probably better if we just find draft buddies en-route and I'm sure teams 'Drunk' and 'Excrement' will be more than helpful.😊
1612034194469.png

perswe

Über Member
Yeah...and it's a long one that huntingdon race...not sure how to play that. I'm assuming it's going to be the usual sprint start and then relentless speed for 60k plus. I probably will have to avoid trying to go with the fast lot.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Yeah...and it's a long one that huntingdon race...not sure how to play that. I'm assuming it's going to be the usual sprint start and then relentless speed for 60k plus. I probably will have to avoid trying to go with the fast lot.
You are the fast lot! Last week is was with the second group and it was pretty hard all the time. This week, legs willing, I'm going to try to stay in the front group. It seems to me that there is actually little difference in the amount of work you do whichever group you are in, the front group just goes a little faster.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
The course trends downhill but there's still 179m of elevation gain so overall I think the downhill element will be largely neutralised. Given our epic fail at drafting practice as the Unkoolers, the fact both our times are used and our different weights it's probably better if we just find draft buddies en-route and I'm sure teams 'Drunk' and 'Excrement' will be more than helpful.😊
View attachment 571277
So our team tactics are everyone for themselves 😁

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Who is this Craig Grey who took second in the Flemish for beginners race yesterday? @Barbes66 any ideas?

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Yes, we need to deploy the precision tools at our disposal with finely crafted efforts timed to perfection. Max effort sprint start followed by max sustainable effort followed by max effort sprint finish - beer.
We are going to have the beer first so then we don't give a shoot about what happens after that!

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
2nd, 6th and 23rd (despite yet another start from hell). what happened @AndyMacca and do we need to instigate a protocol whereby you start a minute before the rest of the field and then if everything is ok soft pedal and then everybody else starts? How long before a koooler victory on RGT?

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSuujdZAatyAhK2A_fVMn4rve3Tgoeb7ydjz9to-JgbI6LuOaitY32io7t4dwyOTrZb0fKDqcS2cPBk/pubhtml?gid=1905042648&single=true&fbclid=IwAR2UG4hwMD0e3_F20pUF7f6nPD5EUIHJgnowgYoC7SkROO9jI1XlewZVIoc

AndyMacca

2nd, 6th and 23rd (despite yet another start from hell). what happened @AndyMacca and do we need to instigate a protocol whereby you start a minute before the rest of the field and then if everything is ok soft pedal and then everybody else starts? How long before a koooler victory on RGT?

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSuujdZAatyAhK2A_fVMn4rve3Tgoeb7ydjz9to-JgbI6LuOaitY32io7t4dwyOTrZb0fKDqcS2cPBk/pubhtml?gid=1905042648&single=true&fbclid=IwAR2UG4hwMD0e3_F20pUF7f6nPD5EUIHJgnowgYoC7SkROO9jI1XlewZVIoc

Yes please, perhaps 30mins ahead. 👍
I was fine on the start line everything connected but noticed it was giving me 0FPS in fact it was about 2FPM, I shutdown all other apps but in 'task manager' I noticed the Unity service which is the game engine for RGT (and Bkool for that matter) was at 98% CPU so it had clearly run into some issues. I restarted the app but it was the same so I restarted the PC and that seemed to cure it. All the time I was soft pedaling so my avatar had at least shuffled up the road a bit but I was of course last and about 10mins off the field.

View: https://youtu.be/otGHJFgas14

I did consider binning it but thought might as well see how I can get on, very tempting to switch power source to the wattbike to boost me along to the back of the group but resisted to keep my data clean.
Have to say I was impressed with 86 riders until I met them, 70% of the backfield was made up of lonely bots plugging away. I worked my way through the 2.0wkg bots 2.1, 2.2,etc up to the 3.0wkg ones at that point found some other humans to ride with, had a good sprint with one guy but the legs were too shot for big numbers. "Great" to be feeling ruined again, took me back to TdM.😄

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
I'm going to be totally ruined in about an hour and a half. Elimination race then cap formenter race in 30 minutes! Still after feeling terrible yesterday I feel great today, obviously wrong beer on Friday night! Got to get the fuelling right!

AndyMacca

I'm going to be totally ruined in about an hour and a half. Elimination race then cap formenter race in 30 minutes! Still after feeling terrible yesterday I feel great today, obviously wrong beer on Friday night! Got to get the fuelling right!
OMG, I couldn't imagine sitting on a saddle again today. Kudos you nutter.

Top Bottom