Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Squire
I've just boiled two large free range eggs to have with wholemeal bread. After one egg and one slice of bread I feel like I've eaten enough. My question is will the uneaten medium boiled egg be ok to eat cold tomorrow, or should I hard boil it for bacteria safety reasons? 🤔 🧐

I've soft boiled eggs and mashed them up in a cup, and put them on butties, then stuck them in the fridge and had them for breakfast next day without any problems.

According to Mrs stephec though I have iron guts. 😂

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've soft boiled eggs and mashed them up in a cup, and put them on butties, then stuck them in the fridge and had them for breakfast next day without any problems.

According to Mrs stephec though I have iron guts. 😂

I did have some of that squeeze out of a plastic bottle mayonnaise I could've mixed with the egg and put on some bread, but I had to bin it after accidentally leaving it out the fridge overnight. I'd take a chance with the medium boiled egg, but not with exposed to warmth mayonnaise!! :unsure:

Alex321

Guru
I've just boiled two large free range eggs to have with wholemeal bread. After one egg and one slice of bread I feel like I've eaten enough. My question is will the uneaten medium boiled egg be ok to eat cold tomorrow, or should I hard boil it for bacteria safety reasons? 🤔 🧐

It will be absolutely fine tomorrow, so long as the white was all cooked.

Alex321

Guru
I did have some of that squeeze out of a plastic bottle mayonnaise I could've mixed with the egg and put on some bread, but I had to bin it after accidentally leaving it out the fridge overnight. I'd take a chance with the medium boiled egg, but not with exposed to warmth mayonnaise!! :unsure:

While I wouldn't choose to leave commercial mayonnaise out overnight, it won't harm it in the least to do so once or twice.

It does say on the jar "refrigerate after opening", but it also says "use within 3 months" (after opening), and with that long a use period, a few hours unrefrigerated isn't going to matter.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
While I wouldn't choose to leave commercial mayonnaise out overnight, it won't harm it in the least to do so once or twice.

It does say on the jar "refrigerate after opening", but it also says "use within 3 months" (after opening), and with that long a use period, a few hours unrefrigerated isn't going to matter.

I left it in the bin as there was only one more dollop left in the bottle.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
With 90% of the world population being right handed, how come only 30 percent of cars are right hand drive?

Dave7

Legendary Member
With 90% of the world population being right handed, how come only 30 percent of cars are right hand drive?

Assuming you are serious...... it's nothing to do with being right/left handed. It's down to which side of the road that country drives on eg if you drive YOUR right hand car in France it is hazardous when trying to overtake as you don't have a clear view of oncoming traffic.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Assuming you are serious...... it's nothing to do with being right/left handed. It's down to which side of the road that country drives on eg if you drive YOUR right hand car in France it is hazardous when trying to overtake as you don't have a clear view of oncoming traffic.

But if they were left hand drive it’d less hazardous to cyclists and pedestrians they are overtaking.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Serious? Moi!?
Withdraw that heinous allegation immediately! 😂

Top Bottom