Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Why do pedals always contain an odd number of bearings? :smile:

That's a bit serious. Have to go and look. Has assumed it meant I'd lost one

Chislenko

Veteran
How do you adjust the rear feet on an integrated washing machine once it has been fitted into place.

Beko owners with the screw system at the front of the machine need not answer.

Fastpedaller

Über Member
How do you adjust the rear feet on an integrated washing machine once it has been fitted into place.

Beko owners with the screw system at the front of the machine need not answer.

Indeed - I've always thought "why did they do that?". Only way is to adjust the rear two so both are at the same height before inserting the machine into place, then the front two to get it all level.

Chislenko

Veteran
Indeed - I've always thought "why did they do that?". Only way is to adjust the rear two so both are at the same height before inserting the machine into place, then the front two to get it all level.

Yes, I am relatively happy with it's level, doesn't vibrate at all, but of course the other elephant in the room is that even if you could adjust the back feet in situ there isn't enough room under the worktop to get a spirit level in anyway 😟

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Yes, I am relatively happy with it's level, doesn't vibrate at all, but of course the other elephant in the room is that even if you could adjust the back feet in situ there isn't enough room under the worktop to get a spirit level in anyway 😟
You'll probably find that if the front is vertical, the top is horizontal. :smile:

Jameshow

Veteran

You can assume the dishwasher is a square box so you can put it on the front rim of the machine and level from there using the bubble going sideways in the level?

Chislenko

Veteran
You can assume the dishwasher is a square box so you can put it on the front rim of the machine and level from there using the bubble going sideways in the level?

Unfortunately the front of the machine in under the counter top, as it should be to allow the cabinet door to fit flush.

The answer is to buy one of the all singing / dancing ones that now come with a built in spirit level! However that still doesn't allow you to reach the rear feet when the machine is in it's final position. Beko appear to have thought of the issue and you can adjust the rear feet by means of a screw ratchet system from the front of the machine. Obviously your lower plinth then hides the open screws at the front.

We bought neither of these machines 🙂

Last edited:

Chislenko

Veteran
Will the BBC actually show any of the Olympics action or can we expect another week of the Gabby Logan back slapping chat show. I think the BBC have got confused, her name is Logan not Wogan!

I have deserted to Eurosport, far superior coverage and they show all the events without a gushing fifteen minute conversation about each and every British athlete.

I can't believe the BBC chose to have a chat whilst the Swedish guy was going for the world record in the pole vault.

Gwylan

Veteran
Will the BBC actually show any of the Olympics action or can we expect another week of the Gabby Logan back slapping chat show. I think the BBC have got confused, her name is Logan not Wogan!

I have deserted to Eurosport, far superior coverage and they show all the events without a gushing fifteen minute conversation about each and every British athlete.

I can't believe the BBC chose to have a chat whilst the Swedish guy was going for the world record in the pole vault.

Not football, what can you expect?

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
One for the Yorkshire contingent...

On the Northern Rail service between Leeds and York via Harrogate, why is it that at these stations the destination on the info boards and announcements is always given as the penultimate stations (Poppleton or Burley Park)? At all the intermediate stops the destination is correctly shown as Leeds or York, so why not at the two mainline stations?

So passengers going to Leeds from York don't see or hear "...Leeds" and end up on a long ride round the Harrogate loop instead of a quick journey down the main line, or vice versa. Similar happens at Lancaster or Carlisle with regard to the Cumbrian Coast line.

Top Bottom