Questions you'd like answering, regardless of how trivial they may seem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Badger_Boom

Veteran
So passengers going to Leeds from York don't see or hear "...Leeds" and end up on a long ride round the Harrogate loop instead of a quick journey down the main line, or vice versa. Similar happens at Lancaster or Carlisle with regard to the Cumbrian Coast line.
Be careful you don't nod off on the Pontefract Line and wake up to find yourself in Goole.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
If I was on the Pontrefac t line I wouldn't be able to nod for thinking "what fresh hell has my life turned into?".

Jenkins

Legendary Member
So passengers going to Leeds from York don't see or hear "...Leeds" and end up on a long ride round the Harrogate loop instead of a quick journey down the main line, or vice versa. Similar happens at Lancaster or Carlisle with regard to the Cumbrian Coast line.

Thank you. Seems logical now, but I'd always opt for the more scenic route if I had the time.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What is this instrument called and would it be very difficult to learn how to play it? 🤔 I ask because it's for sale in 'Accrington Antiques' for £100.

hc=6lEKG5Vu56MQ7kNvgFgnJ7x&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=Bat1vJErFYMQ7kNvgF7YwxA&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Alex321

Guru
I think it is a Cello. Could just possibly be a double bass, doesn't look big enough, but difficult to be sure of scale.

Supposed to be fairly challenging to lean. A work colleague of mine (who is also a cyclist) plays one in a classical orchestra.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Same principle as the guitar but there's no frets so is harder, and you've got to bow it. As a guitarist I once tried the violin and could get a few notes out of it. If you don't play any stringed instruments then it'll take you a good year with lessons to play a tune

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Same principle as the guitar but there's no frets so is harder, and you've got to bow it. As a guitarist I once tried the violin and could get a few notes out of it. If you don't play any stringed instruments then it'll take you a good year with lessons to play a tune

It sounds quite difficult to learn then, plus taking it on the bus to Cello lessons could prove tricky!! 🧐 :unsure: ;)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Listening to this, if it'd take a year to play one tune, then it'd probably take me a lifetime to reach the standard of those, below!! ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH7Mli_cKEs

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just boiled two large free range eggs to have with wholemeal bread. After one egg and one slice of bread I feel like I've eaten enough. My question is will the uneaten medium boiled egg be ok to eat cold tomorrow, or should I hard boil it for bacteria safety reasons? 🤔 🧐

Top Bottom