One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
A DB5 at a petrol station in Cheltenham today..... Stunning car.

20240627_093534.jpg

Sunday 30th

Drove back up the (northbound) A1 earlier between Wentbridge & FerryBridge, after picking daughter & her b/f up from a wedding reception at Wentbridge House

In the queuing traffic, due to the work on the Viaduct, there was;
Ariel Nomad! (driver was overalled up/helmet/goggles)
2 x VW ‘Bay’ campers
FIAT Coupe (towing what looked like a 60s NSU)
River P6
70’s Yank pick-up (not sure what?)

Plus a Highways Agency Tesla! (model 3?, the ‘sit up & beg’??)

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Those 50s and 60s Astons are really lovely aren't they. Not particularly keen on the modern ones even if I was willing to spend the money.

Lovely, but whisper it quietly that they weren't actually very good - all rather agricultural. That's the reason why (allegedly) Bond only ended up in one by accident, Sir William Lyons being too thrifty to give the producers an E Type for Bond to use.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Lovely, but whisper it quietly that they weren't actually very good - all rather agricultural. That's the reason why (allegedly) Bond only ended up in one by accident, Sir William Lyons being too thrifty to give the producers an E Type for Bond to use.

Wasn't the company owned by David Brown, the tractor firm, hence DB4 etc?

That said, Lambo was, and still is, a tractor firm too

Jameshow

Veteran
Those 50s and 60s Astons are really lovely aren't they. Not particularly keen on the modern ones even if I was willing to spend the money.

I like the later ford era ones. Vantage db9 etc!!

Reasonably priced but running costs would sink me!!

Drago

Legendary Member
My Dad's Vanquish lasted a few months before he became tired of not being able to park it anywhere without it acquiring door dings and the like. He sold it, bought another Volvo, and used the cash to buy a plane (Socata TB20 Trinidad, reg G-TIBS), as you do.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

My old boss bought one of the fairly modern ones; went halves with a friend and colleague, so split the bills and since each have somewhat more sensible cars as well, they each get plenty of chance to use it.

DRM

Guru
Where's the ejector seat & bullet proof shield?

iirc, when they needed an Aston Martin for the last batch of 007 films, with Daniel Craig, they contacted Aston Martin for a suitably refurbished example, so Aston contacted some customers whose cars were in for refurbishment asking if they would accept a free, or heavily subsidised rebuild in silver (can't remember which), if the owner made it available for some film work, the vehicle that was selected turned out to have a serial number that ended in 007

Top Bottom