My project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
DSC_0011.JPG

there you go gents, all sorted. :smile:

Citius

Nice one :smile:

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Nice, great satisfaction doing it all yourself as well as saving a few quid

very true, I have almost finished it now, i received a new bottom bracket for it a couple of days ago but it was the wrong size (i got the size from a spec sheet on bikepedia.com) so now waiting for a replacement of the correct size to come from germany. The original bottom bracket was absolutely fubar, one of the bearings felt like it was full of grit. I guess I should have pulled the original BB prior to ordering the first replacement, "cest la vie" .

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
New BB now fitted, no more creaks or clicks, i have finally managed to get out for a "trial" ride of the bike this evening and its a totally different experience compared to how it rode about a month ago. The bike is very light, very responsive, quiet, very smooth on the better road surfaces although it can be a bit harsh on rougher roads. i found the handling to be a little twitchy at first but soon adjusted to it. I have now replaced, all bearings, tyres, rear cassette, chain, bottom bracket, brakes, handle bar grips and bar ends and saddle...................still to replace with new, crankset and front derailuer . i reckon by the time i've done i will have replaced everything except the frame and wheels..........................but I am enjoying it ^_^:bicycle:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
First decent run out today, a little over 10miles round trip. The bike rides great, will be even better when new front derailleur and crankset get fitted. Seat needed very slight adjustment as was a little too far forward and pointing just a millimetre or so too high which was just a tad uncomfortable. Apart from some very minor tweaking I'm very happy with it now.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
DSC_0017.JPG
Just arrived today,

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
DSC_0045.JPG

I discovered when riding the bike the solid aluminium forks had thrown the geometry of the bike out quite a bit so I finally decided to buy some MTB suspension forks, the bike now "feels" better on the road.
DSC_0046.JPG

Now awaiting arrival of new Shimano crankset

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Did a bit more to the bike and got some better pics,Bike totally complete now.
To date;
New BB
New crankset
New chain
New cassette
New slickTyres
New saddle
New stem
New handlebars, grips, bar ends & mirror
New forks
New bearings (wheels & steering)
New brake pads