Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2x 20p +2x5p = 50p:okay:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The restaurant that MrsPete and I went to today for a Senior Citizens fish & chip lunch is the only place I've ever been to that provides a pair of scissors to access the sachets of sauce...

Mind you, there were few there that had teeth to rip open the sachets 😂

gbb

Squire
We (the maintenance team) have sleepwalked into a long period of no wage rises,. Personally I gained a big chunk 4 years ago when I dropped my hours around 20% for no loss of earnings so I was happy enough, but the team are getting p1ssed off and one has left, prompting HR to look at his settlement...and discovered he (and me) wasnt being given our proper allotment of holidays....so, I'm apparently I have 5 days extra to book before the new year. A small bonus but something in the right direction :okay:

Sorry it's turned out that way. Hope you find something soon, or without moving too far to find it.

I'm more annoyed at the way it was handled to be honest, the person I spoke to was the person who suggested changing the requirements in the first place and from their response today they had obviously changed their mind back some time ago, while I spent last week waiting and not applying for another job because I'd been given the impression I had a very good chance of getting this one.

This process is annoying but it is also helping me figure out more clearly which branch I'd like to aim for, and also helping my confidence because wherever I've gone, the clients and my peers have all been really positive about how I work and what I do, so I'm not being refused because I can't do the job, rather for logistical or administrative reasons I have no control over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom