Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

It is sunny here but the ground is wet.
It would be nice to go for a ride on a bike if the weather holds as I haven't been for a ride now for over a month! :ohmy:

I've got out on my bike, mojo was weak but I managed it, the roads are wet and slippery but the suns out, currently in the cafe with a bacon sarnie.

I managed to dig my Dawes Shadow out as it has got mudguards. It was a bit of a struggle getting going at first but I pressed on .
I did my usual route as far as the Roebuck but then turned off for Corsham. I returned to the Roebuck and then completed my usual route. I think it was 8 miles in total.
It was lovely and sunny but the wind was cold and made my brain freeze.
There are a lot of large puddles around .

D

Deleted member 26715

Workshop is flooded out, had to clear out the drains & put a pump down the manhole & pump that out onto the road to stop the garage flooding.

D

Deleted member 1258

I managed to dig my Dawes Shadow out as it has got mudguards. It was a bit of a struggle getting going at first but I pressed on .
I did my usual route as far as the Roebuck but then turned off for Corsham. I returned to the Roebuck and then completed my usual route. I think it was 8 miles in total.
It was lovely and sunny but the wind was cold and made my brain freeze.
There are a lot of large puddles around .

Yes, I've been through some substantial puddles this morning, my fixed needs cleaning now, 50 miles covered and its stayed dry, though its going black as I type.

Just found a place advertising a job. Problem is, it is the other side of Stuttgart and the commute will take a stressful hour and a bit one way. However it is well within the 50km that I'm expected to apply, and as I'm going to the Employmernt agency tomorrow I probably should look into it.

Look down requirements: "Applicant must have minibus licence"

Call and ask about this. Yes, absolutely essential, because I'd have to taxi people around as part of the job for some reason.

Problem solved...

Just found a place advertising a job. Problem is, it is the other side of Stuttgart and the commute will take a stressful hour and a bit one way. However it is well within the 50km that I'm expected to apply, and as I'm going to the Employmernt agency tomorrow I probably should look into it.

Look down requirements: "Applicant must have minibus licence"

Call and ask about this. Yes, absolutely essential, because I'd have to taxi people around as part of the job for some reason.

Problem solved...
They are not doing anything to help cut down on carbon emissions then ?

Busy day getting stuff squared away before the weekend, as I am judging at the Seal Point Siamese show on Saturday, and want to get my show reports done on Sunday while everything is still fresh in my mind.

At least I don't need to cook tonight - loads of "bitsas" in the fridge. I don't mind a plate of random items, as it's all tasty and I hate throwing away food.

And a real mundanity - I have bought a daylight bulb for my desk lamp.

Top Bottom