Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Are you one of those annoying people who start drinking on the train?

Heaven Forbid :eek:

You have to wait for the train to reach Caerphilly, before you are allowed alcohol :whistle:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Can you steal a cat? Our daughter has one that rarely come home now, but only because he's decided to live elsewhere, he's also almost doubled in size, which we suspect is the reason he doesn't come home.

Legally, i'm not sure

However, after three missing collars, the cat failed to come home.

Three years later, i'm sat outside the house, when an elderly lady (four doors up) opens her front door to answer it - and out follows our cat :eek:

A few years later, our next door neighbor had her white Persian go missing. Three months later, he can been seen sitting in the old lady's front window.

Unlike me, the matter was perused and she got the cat back

Some possible employers want me to have a 'trainers certificate' which is issued by that august body the "Industrie und Handwerkkammer"; which translates very roughly as the "Trade and Industry association".

I don't need one because my qualification covers everything they teach. However, the TIA doesn't like this, which is is why it has just taken a week of grumpy phone calls to get them to even send the form.

Officially because they "want to keep standards high" but cynics may suggest it's because the course costs upwards of a thousand Euros and the certificate costs 25 ā‚¬.

They have already said I'm not going to get a trainers certificate, even if I can prove that I'm already qualified. Instead, I they will possibly issue me with a certificate to say that I don't need the certificate. (because otherwise I need the certificate).

I am not making this up, it is a "Befreiungsschein", literally a "certificate of release or exemption".

In other words they aren't going to admit I'm qualified, but instead they'll graciously send me a certificate that 'exempts' me from the usual requirement.

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Some possible employers want me to have a 'trainers certificate' which is issued by that august body the "Industrie und Handwerkkammer"; which translates very roughly as the "Trade and Industry association".

I don't need one because my qualification covers everything they teach. However, the TIA doesn't like this sort of thing. This is is nwhy it has just taken a week of grumpy phone calls to get them to even send the form.

Officially because they "want to keep standards high" but cynics may suggest it's because the course costs upwards of a thousand Euros and the certificate costs 25 ā‚¬.

They have already said I'm not going to get a trainers certificate, even if I can prove that I'm already qualified. Instead, I they will possibly issue me with a certificate to say that I don't need the certificate. (because otherwise I need the certificate).

I am not making this up, it is a "Befreiungsschein", literally a "certificate of release or exemption".

In other words they aren't going to admit I'm qualified, but instead they'll graciously send me a certificate that exempts me from the usual requirement.
If you tried yourself, you couldnā€™t make up something so daft. Bureaucracy at its best. :wacko:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
There is something hiding in my garden, under a pyracantha. It is dark behind a low wall, and probs now quite damp. The hider makes a noise like :scratch: bib bib bib beep...ā€¦(pause) bib dib peep.

Is that a frog? or a bihernating frog?
Is it a jabberwocky? šŸ¤”

Top Bottom