Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
First cuppa brewing
The ice house bunny rabbit has just jumped on to the bed.

tyred

Legendary Member
The wind has died down at least but the rain is absolutely torrential. Still basically dark too.

I hope the storm didn't do too much damage for people.

FB_IMG_1729495730688.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Wind has gone down a bit and it is not raining.
My prediction about high tide was unfortunately well founded as there is reported much flooding at the low levels of the town.

Lots of photos on FB but all taken after dark and the only one which is reasonably clear is a fishing boat owner securing his boat and looking like he is walking on water as it is up to his ankles on the pier which would normally be well above water level.

We lived down at sea level when I first came to Mull and when I took the photo of some flooding in the early 1070's the water level reached our front door but fortunately then started to recede.
Now I live about 200 ft above sea level and not having a boat is something less to worry about.
On the mainland some roads are reported as flooded as they are at sea level and much seaborne debris on the carraigeway but no damage to buildings as we have here.

Gwylan

Veteran

"What time of night do you call this, then?"

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a grey & gloomy Suffolk.
Coffee has been had and the makeshift dressings removed from my knee - doesn't look pretty, but everything appears to have healed up and stopped bleeding. Bit of stiffness but no other problems. Will give it a test when I go out shortly to get this week's food and see what the local bathroom people can do. Failing that it's off to Ipswich.

Top Bottom