Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Ride to watch grandson playing rugby went as planned.. Strong swirly winds and rain (not as much as anticipated!) but I was waterproofed just in case! 👌 👍

I just looked in my post box and found a letter stamped "Federal Justice Department" Fortunately, I knew it was my Criminal Records Check that I need for work. Because of the nature of my work I had to get an "Extended check" and to my surprise this included a check of the UK Criminal records; I haven't lived in the UK for about a quarter of a century.

It shows that I have no criminal record. I knew this already so why am I relieved?

classic33

Leg End Member
I just looked in my post box and found a letter stamped "Federal Justice Department" Fortunately, I knew it was my Criminal Records Check that I need for work. Because of the nature of my work I had to get an "Extended check" and to my surprise this included a check of the UK Criminal records; I haven't lived in the UK for about a quarter of a century.

It shows that I have no criminal record. I knew this already so why am I relieved?
They never found that copy of The Wurzels LP or The Floral Dance by Terry Wogan you bought all those years ago.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Had a brief respite late morning when the sun appeared and wind dropped just a little.
Did not last and back to the full gale and rain again.
Both main ferry crossings have been cancelled all day and tomorrow they start with boats out of position so early sailings a bit mixed up.
Got a bit of tidying up done but not as much as is really needed.
Tried fitting a new shower curtain which is not straightforward as the only way to do it properly is to disconnect the top rail which I am not keen on doing as I am not good at working above had height these days.
Botched it up meantime but will have to have another go at it tomorrow.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
A cyclechat protest

40-21.jpg

Top Bottom