Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
When I had boats I paid nothing and just laid my own mooring which varied from dinghy size to Westerly Centaur. Then unfortunately the Crown Estates got greedy and my cost rose to £30 per annum to lay my own mooring.
Not got recent experience of motorhome or camper sites but as a club member the cost was often about £12 or less on average. Storage cost me nothing but was outdoors.

A boat is a hole in the water you throw money into.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Warnings out on FB.
Get all vehicles out of the car park and all vehicles off Main St as they will be underwater very soon.
Somewhere I have an old photo showing how high it can get. Might be able to find it.

The bottom of the steel railings is about 3ft above the car park level and the cottage which is now part of a pub had about 3ft depth inside.

8DCC4BDB-CC63-44CA-B439-8A42EBA8B7AD.png

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I need a new bath...
View attachment 749997
It didn't do my knee much good either!
View attachment 749998
Slipped over while not paying attention. Guess I'll be taking a trip round the local suppliers on Monday to see who can do an emergency supply & fit given that I've got the DIY capability of a gorilla.

That's gonna need some Savlon!!

classic33

Leg End Member
I need a new bath...
View attachment 749997
It didn't do my knee much good either!
View attachment 749998
Slipped over while not paying attention. Guess I'll be taking a trip round the local suppliers on Monday to see who can do an emergency supply & fit given that I've got the DIY capability of a gorilla.
Are the repairs to yourself going to take a while.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Are the repairs to yourself going to take a while.

Nah - just a few cuts. Some dressing pads, a bit of tape and an elasticated tube/support to keep it in place.
And as it's Sunday, a can or two of liquid pain killer 🍺

classic33

Leg End Member
Nothing else hit - just the knee through the bath and I have no doubt there will be bruising and stiffness tomorrow. The non-recycling bin has just been walked to the front of the house ready for emptying in the morning as proof of current mobility.
More that your painkiller would work for you than owt else, without overdoing.

Will the bin still be at the front of the house in the morning!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's been a hectic weekend; a 5am start on the Saturday for the 210km Venetian Nights audax, where I managed to hit exactly 210.00km ^_^ , then a short trip to look over and purchase a bike frame. The seller's done well out of it as it was a dismantled whole bike for not much more but I'm happy as well.

Today was a trip to the Vale of Belvoir for a parental visit and large, quite expensive, lunch - which I paid for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom