Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning . It is dark here but I can see the rain on the window and the wind blowing outside.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Back with 31 miles done.
Couple of little showers and a fair degree of wind

my garden furniture has already been overturned and its getting darker here , glad you got out

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Well I had a boat that cost me north of £400 per month to park.

The campervan gets to hide in a barn for £50 a month.
Campervan sites in the UK can cost >£30 the UK and more

When I had boats I paid nothing and just laid my own mooring which varied from dinghy size to Westerly Centaur. Then unfortunately the Crown Estates got greedy and my cost rose to £30 per annum to lay my own mooring.
Not got recent experience of motorhome or camper sites but as a club member the cost was often about £12 or less on average. Storage cost me nothing but was outdoors.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain battering on my front windows as forecast.
Calmac were going to try a 0745 sailing from Craignure but all sailings depend on the projected weather for berthing at the destination end.
In the past I remember we used to wait and jill about in the Sound until a lull came and then make a dash to get in and secure before the next onslaught.
On one occasion when my wife was travelling to Helensburgh they went up round Lismore and then the train she was on vanished as the speed depended on two men with chainsaws walking in front to clear the tracks of fallen trees. No mobile signal either.
Not going down to look but the free campers are probably a bit worried. High tides and a SW gale means almost certain flooding of the car park. This is caused by the geography of the area with the wind pushing up the Sound and at the same time coming up the west side and holding the water in.

Top Bottom