Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's a matter of opportunity.
This close to Halloween!

Gwylan

Veteran
Well the 0800 cycle event went ahead. Despite the presence of rain and threat of more.
Just turned into the home straight ( last 20 km) and colleague got a puncture.
I decided it was my collegiate duty to stay and help him. (posts passim)
Sheltered at the side of the lane he battled against the perversity of inanimate objects.
Also he is not very coordinated, code for organised.
So we came to a point where there were several bits of the QR wheel fixing missing.
I think it was his enthusiasm to get home and a lack of coordination that resulted in the bits being scattered across the verge earlier.
Also it didn't seem the time to tell him he didn't need to reduce the QR to it's individual components.
This was after he had realised that there is only one correct way that the rear wheel can be fitted.

It was by then lashing down whereas it had been just pouring.
Repair, of sorts effected, we set off for home.
This was the excuse some tractor driving yob needed to pass us close, pulling a low loader trailer. The resulting mud shower was unpleasant.
Had to hose me and the bike down when I got home.
But a morning cycle ride beats a day in the office any time.

Mike_P

Guru
A perusal of the apps found on the M&S one 10% off ready meals so the ebike did get an outing and headed to the Simply Food. Lengthy waits for a couple of left turns due to traffic bunched up by nearby road works.
Cumberland Pie acquired along with Iced Buns and freefrom crumble topping mix.
The return was uniquely non stop through two sets of lights. Crossing the Stray a speed bump had a pothole on its back edge and that caused the chain to come off the chainring.
Resolved with the use of a tissue and then once again used the rarely used cycle track.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Postman has just finished cleaning the two downstairs rooms.that is it now for at least six weeks.Mrs P will have no time.I have also said i am not going to Goosnargh in November.I am not going to sit for 65 miles two weeks after surgery.Plus i am not sleeping in a crappy bed.Me myself i come first now,end of.

In a car you would have to wear a seatbelt and your surgeon may well tell you that you cannot safely do that.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Better day than expected so after library visit had a walk around the car park and marina.
I notice they charge £3.50 per metre per night on the pontoons which is about on a par with caravan sites.
Some campers and motorhomes seem to have settled in for a long free stay in the car park. One pair had parked a reasonable distance apart but as I watched a large motorhome came in and filled the empty space between them despite plenty of room elsewhere.
Very high tides just now so they are chancing it a bit as the tide can come up over the car park.
After lunch looking at the forecast I went for another longer walk as tomorrow looks dire.
Knackered as it is more exercise than I have had for a while.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Not a bad day after all - it stopped raining and the sun came out in time for the first race. Quick snooze in the passenger seat of the car during the lunch break and then an afternoon of (mostly) good, clean racing. Even the traffic on the M25 & Dartford Tunnel on the way home was free flowing.

This evening's hot chocolate has just been finished and the batteries for the radio are on charge ready for tomorrow.

Gwylan

Veteran
Better day than expected so after library visit had a walk around the car park and marina.
I notice they charge £3.50 per metre per night on the pontoons which is about on a par with caravan sites.
Some campers and motorhomes seem to have settled in for a long free stay in the car park. One pair had parked a reasonable distance apart but as I watched a large motorhome came in and filled the empty space between them despite plenty of room elsewhere.
Very high tides just now so they are chancing it a bit as the tide can come up over the car park.
After lunch looking at the forecast I went for another longer walk as tomorrow looks dire.
Knackered as it is more exercise than I have had for a while.

Well I had a boat that cost me north of £400 per month to park.

The campervan gets to hide in a barn for £50 a month.
Campervan sites in the UK can cost >£30 the UK and more

tyred

Legendary Member
Not long back from my concert. This was supposed to be held in July during the arts festival but was postponed at the time as one of the group had caught COVID. A chance to reprise my volunteer role and box office duties.

Lovely clear night for the drive home through the bog and mountains on mostly deserted roads. A long time since I enjoyed a night drive.

Just unwinding now listening to the album I bought and having a glass of whiskey.

Top Bottom