Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Today's 72 plate truck has 366031 kilometres on the odometer and is taking me to Cromer.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a grey and overcast Suffolk. No rain yet, but it's not far off according to the radar. There's also an odd orangey colour to the dawn greyness.

A much needed coffee has been had after a very poor night's sleep. Next up is packing the snacks for the day, making a flask of coffee and a bottle of squash and buggering off to Kent.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A grey day but the wind has gone down and it is not yet raining.
Lots of flooding reported on the mainland particularly around Loch Awe area which I remember well but having a van with high ground clearance was not generally a problem to me.
The lull before the next blast hits us tomorrow when winds over 70mph are forecast.
Calmac wakened me with a blast of text messages which eventually settled on some likely cancellations for operational reasons and weather related ones.
They do have a lot of problems shuttling boats around and our main ferry is off soon for it's annual overhaul so like last winter we are left with one smaller ferry which to the surprise of many actually coped very well with bad weather.
Library day today so at least that will get me out of the house.

Mike_P

Guru
Overnight rain still spitting so the ebike excused two successive visits to Waitrose. Entertained by Germanic cars on the way there. An Audi whose driver refused to use the hand brake and a pair of BMWs, the first turning left waiting for the right turn red light to clear and the second having come to a stop immediately beyond the traffic light stop line not moving until I hit the horn after the lights had gone back to green.

Top Bottom