Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
View attachment 749521
Heading for J28, M62 at Tingley!

This isn't as stupid as it looks. There's genuinely no other 'safe' route across for anyone on a mobility scooter as the paths around are uneven and overgrown, together with no signalled crossing at the most dangerous point. I went round on Monday. And no, that's not me.

I has a tired, so I am turning in.

Nunnight one and all xxx :hello:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Someone is playing Fog on the Tyne round here

Saul Mine?

tyred

Legendary Member
Another dreich morning. I needed my umbrella on my perambulation.

It seems as if there is another set of roadworks starting as they seem to be putting down pipes. The cone population has increased dramatically.

Just five hours to work today and then I get my ticket of leave for the weekend.:wahhey:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This isn't as stupid as it looks. There's genuinely no other 'safe' route across for anyone on a mobility scooter as the paths around are uneven and overgrown, together with no signalled crossing at the most dangerous point. I went round on Monday. And no, that's not me.

There was one recently on the A85 between Oban and Connel who got collected by police after lots of concerned phone calls. That is a narrow stretch of road and carries fast heavy traffic. I would not nowadays contemplate cycling on it tho' there are a few dedicated commuters.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Weta nd very windy but strangely no ferry cancellations yet.
Craignure village who are desperate to be number one spot on Mull are advertising Hogmanay events already and not even Halloween yet.
It is fairly well known that sea eagle nutters feed the brutes to give touroid photo opportunities but they also now seem to be putting out bait for minke whales and goodness knows what else.
So much for nature in the raw.
My wildlife pal was discussing the problem with sea eagles taking lambs with one such who denied that they ever did.
As they spoke a sea eagle rose behind him carrying a lamb which somewhat spoiled his denials.

Top Bottom