Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yeah that’s it, bought from that garden centre where the Fred Whitton challenge starts.

They like acidic Ericaceous compost.. 👍

Mike_P

Guru
Transpired its the switch to the spur to socket that the washer plugs into that is faulty. Left switched on.
Another disaster re the work W11 laotop, it failed to find the one network drive it finally had access to yesterday. Quickly shut down and hello to the W10 laotop as what I needed today was on that network drive.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
A conservative estimate places the number made at 2,000,000 produced per year since they were introduced in 1940.
Some get flattened, some end up being recycled. Others end up in odd places, atop statues for instance.

They cost a out £10 each! That's an awful lot of money

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned dry about middle of the day and tomorrow looks not too bad but the following days forecasts are not so good.
Down to the chemist and the town looked mostly normal as it should at this time of the year with a few vacant parking spaces and only a few motorhomes free camping.
Had intended to fill up with diesel but the pump area was occupied so try again tomorrow.

Storage heaters were still not working but electrician has just been and replaced an RCD just in time for the power to come on and the problem is hopefully fixed but will need to wait till morning to be sure.
Need to restart my fight with OVO re a new tariff and change of meter. Cannot change suppliers when still on THTC for reasons I fail to understand.
Text from Vodaphone who will soon shift me to a different calling plan. Tried to get in touch with them but gave up after battering my head against the automated systems.
I have had no problems with them so far and I have been with them for years but trying to get through the electronic garbage is a nightmare.

Tesco has been tescoed and correspondence has been posted. I am now sorted with supplies for Saturday (Supreme Cat Show), as I am feeding the friend I'm travelling with, as well as the judge I'm stewarding for. Also stocked up on groceries. Quite a bit on sticker with mostly 50% reductions (good for mid-afternoon) but practiced restraint and only bought some wholegrain bakery rolls, a pack of parsnips and a Polish sausage.

I have been sitting down with a :cuppa: and watching the track cycling from Denmark.

Lexi has been fed (Felix AGAIL with salmon), and I am planning on some toast with something in a little while.

Top Bottom