Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Lovely evening but the nights are really drawing in now. Went for a walk in the park and a drink afterwards with my new lady friend. :wub:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I had another glimpse of my future when I went to see my dad this afternoon. At 84 years old he'd had a long weekend in the Lake District (not the Peak District as I thought) with my step mother involving a long coach journey each way, three days out doing more each day than he'd normally do in a week, was still totally shattered and just went into deep sleep mid conversation.

I'm using genetics as my excuse for a 15 minute doze on my sofa at home late afternoon.

Morning.
Everyone this morning seems to be promoting assisted dying! :angry:
Harold Shipman springs to mind!

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Looks like this local moggie was enjoying a good drink of rainwater out of the black bucket on our patio.

IMG_20241016_080738.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Raining for the first time for ages and a bit windy. Just softening us up for what is forecast for the weekend.

Storage heaters still not working so text message off to the electrician and waiting to see what he will suggest next.
I do have heat but it is on the expensive tariff [ not that the other is cheap] plus a calor gas heater.
This is complicated by probably soon having to go for a TAVI plus pacemaker which will keep me away for four or five weeks and I would prefer to leave just a little heat circulating in the house in the cold weather. Summer would be easier but nothing I can do about that.

Need to go down to the chemist to collect a prescription and then set about sorting meds. into the new regime.
What a busy [not ] life.

Top Bottom