Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Who were you expecting?

No-one... More for MrsPete & I 🤣

DSC_5574.JPG

Gwylan

Veteran
No-one... More for MrsPete & I 🤣

View attachment 749281

Beautiful. If ever H.I.D. made a cake the kids would ask who was coming. It was an event and one like this would be a total wonder

classic33

Leg End Member
Another lovely morning for the perambulation through the sea of traffic cones.

I wonder just how many traffic cones have been produced since whenever they were invented and where they've all ended up!

I usually put raisins in my porridge but had forgot to buy more.

All ready for another day of enslavement.
A conservative estimate places the number made at 2,000,000 produced per year since they were introduced in 1940.
Some get flattened, some end up being recycled. Others end up in odd places, atop statues for instance.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another dry but cold day but not been out anywhere as had to wait for phone calls and the sparky who turned up late afternoon.
On a quick check nothing seems amiss but need to wait overnight to see if storage heaters fire up. I should really change tariffs to something more predictable than the ancient THTC which is variable and not under customer control.
My near neighbour appeared earlier and reset most of the problem areas which I found impossible. He will have stronger fingers I suspect but that is only supposition.
Medical phone calls and a change in medication which is a bit of a nuisance as I have a couple of weeks supply already sorted so will now have to reset everything
Just one of the perils of getting old. Another is that this is only one GP’s opinion and another may not agree and change it all again.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A conservative estimate places the number made at 2,000,000 produced per year since they were introduced in 1940.
Some get flattened, some end up being recycled. Others end up in odd places, atop statues for instance.

Duke of Wellington springs to mind and is rarely seem without his. Long time since I was in central Glasgow and he has had one it seems forever.

classic33

Leg End Member
I fancy that cake's smiling at me.
I think it may be laughing, not smiling at you

Top Bottom