Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It was almost chilly indoors this morning. I've turned the radiator up to 2.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Just back from a shopping trip into Oban.
As I was leaving son was setting off on his bike for a run wearing shorts as the weather did not look too bad.
A bit showery on the run in and then found banks of hail on the downhill into town. Got into Lidl just in time to avoid a hail shower of biblical scale but dry when I got back out.
People are generally helpful to me with a couple of sticks but when I made a passing remark about not finding lemon juice the wife of the couple went and searched the store and despite my protestations continued until she found it.
While it is nice of people it can get a bit embarrasing.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I will give in and use the four wheeled transportation device.

A shopping trolley?

postman

Squire
We are happy to announce we have a new member to the family.A Vauxhall Crossland X October 2020.It seems Mrs P loved it as soon as she saw it.Black roof Orange bodywork.I like the shape and it looks a solid car.I have not sat in it yet,it is resting and asleep in our garage.Tomorrow it takes us to Manchester.Not on the train now as planned.

It's a grey and vaguely chilly day here chez Casa Reynard. Was sunny earlier, but now it's hosing it with rain.

Slept OK-ish. This morning's main task was getting myself to the quack for a flu and covid jab. I'm meant to have them since mum lives with me, but last year there was a bit of a c*ck up thanks to the receptionists refusing to add me to the list. This year, our GP put her foot down and said that I will have them regardless of what anyone else at the surgery says. Our GP is a very lovely and very formidable lady, btw. Didn't feel the covid jab going in, but the flu one didn't half sting! No adverse reaction so far, just feel tired and lightheaded.

Found some more beetroot and some onions in the verge on the way home.

Now watching Arsenal v Chelsea in the WSL. Our defence is decidedly leaky. Whoops!

Almost time for luncheon.

postman

Squire
Well here we are our addition.

Attachments

• IMG-20241012-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20241012-WA0000.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 2

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's a grey and vaguely chilly day here chez Casa Reynard. Was sunny earlier, but now it's hosing it with rain.

Slept OK-ish. This morning's main task was getting myself to the quack for a flu and covid jab. I'm meant to have them since mum lives with me, but last year there was a bit of a c*ck up thanks to the receptionists refusing to add me to the list. This year, our GP put her foot down and said that I will have them regardless of what anyone else at the surgery says. Our GP is a very lovely and very formidable lady, btw. Didn't feel the covid jab going in, but the flu one didn't half sting! No adverse reaction so far, just feel tired and lightheaded.

Found some more beetroot and some onions in the verge on the way home.

Now watching Arsenal v Chelsea in the WSL. Our defence is decidedly leaky. Whoops!

Almost time for luncheon.

A nurse a couple of years ago explained to me why the flu needle was a bit bigger than the COVID one but I no longer remember what it was. (Was it that the flu vaccine was drawn in through the needle??)

Anyhow, I had either a very skillful or lucky injectorologist last week and both went in sweetly.

Top Bottom