Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
First cuppa went down well
And warmed me up a bit

Gwylan

Veteran
I can report the leaky loo is now continent.
Screwfix and B&Q shares soar. But they're both owned by Kingfisher! I know, it's a quasi monopoly.
But my toilet has stopped dripping. Is that a benign monopoly?
My wife stopped moaning, that's the real result that money cannot value.

The dehumidifier is working flat out, drying the room.
That raises the prospect of being me expected to replace the woodwork that surrounds the pipe work.
Have to go and take out a mortgage for some 12 mm ply.
Used to be able to scrounge bits from the tip (recycling centre). Now it's high security and you need an appointment to get in and are forbidden to remove stuff. Back to the B&Q Bandits - 30 miles round trip, another environmental triumph.

So much for Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I can report the leaky loo is now continent.
Screwfix and B&Q shares soar. But they're both owned by Kingfisher! I know, it's a quasi monopoly.
But my toilet has stopped dripping. Is that a benign monopoly?
My wife stopped moaning, that's the real result that money cannot value.

The dehumidifier is working flat out, drying the room.
That raises the prospect of being me expected to replace the woodwork that surrounds the pipe work.
Have to go and take out a mortgage for some 12 mm ply.
Used to be able to scrounge bits from the tip (recycling centre). Now it's high security and you need an appointment to get in and are forbidden to remove stuff. Back to the B&Q Bandits - 30 miles round trip, another environmental triumph.

So much for Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

Our local tip used to be known as the Spares Department by discerning people until the whole thing got organised and nothing much can be got now. I did get a calor gas cylinder once from a friendly worker tho'.

tyred

Legendary Member
A lovely morning so far although rain is forecast for later. Looks like there had been quite a bit of overnight rain too.

Just waiting for my breakfast and wondering if it will be a round, square or rectangular plate. The suspense is unbearable! At least I got my favorite window seat.

I have a wet foot. I have to accept that one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I ever had are kaput. RIP :sad:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looks like a wet day here with gales forecast for the afternoon.
I could go and get some shopping which will keep ok and will save time on Monday when I will be a bit rushed.
The aches and pains from the vaccination seem to have calmed down and I had a better sleep last night.

I did not know that the colour of paint used for marking disabled parking bays can be either white or yellow.
It seems that white is advisory and not subject to penalties for illegal parking quite apart from the arrogance and ill manners of some. Yellow markings carry penalties for illegal parking.
A car rally marshall has taken residence in the disabled bays outside the chemist back home and is raising two fingers to those who wish to use those bays for visits to the chemist. Sadly rather typical of the behaviour of many.
As a blue badge holder I have strong feelings on the subject.:angry:

postman

Squire
The list of jobs today reads like this.NOTHING ,:boxing::laugh::notworthy:I am just finishing off my breakfast.Mrs P is out somewhere in Horsforth test driving what could be our next car.A second hand Vauxhall Crossland.So a saurprise or not by lunchtime maybe.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from an overcast and chilly Suffolk. Coffee has just been finished.

Another quiet day ahead with just the food shopping for today and tomorrow's outing to Silverstone to sort out. Once that's been done I can foresee an afternoon on the sofa with a book and the radio.

Top Bottom